5,594,221 Members 45,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FINISHED] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Tip us?

apristel
Old
(Last edited by apristel; 18th June 2010 at 11:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Exclamation [FINISHED] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

App is out there on the market now thanks to rdude.

Here is his post (post #35 from this thread)

The .apk is on post #35 but yall should go buy it off the market and show some support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdude View Post
Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

apristel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Really, I thought more people would be interested in something like this..?

Ranger093
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I'm also very interested in this I crank the tunes while driving too

jaypeezee
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I slapp some bassssse (Jamaican accent) too, but I just keep my screen face up so I can see when someone is calling ?

Although, the LED flash would be pretty cool considering I use a seidio case/holster combo -

apristel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Default Re: [APP REQUEST] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Once you have this feature on a phone ..its the best. It works excellent. I really hope someone can hook this up!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Kshawn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I would think this would be a bad idea for the same reason all those *led* flash light apps warn you not to over use for fear of burning out...If you get a much of notifications that would mean constant use.

jabbawalkee
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Looking for someone to make an app that will flash the camera LED when the phone rings or gets a SMS.

I used to have this on my old Motorola V6 MAXX by editing a file that made the notification LED flash when you got a call or whatever. It was the best for at the bar or somewhere loud...like in the car when you are cranking the tunes!

I'd be willing to throw $5.00 ( i know, its nothing ) to someone who can do this, maybe there will be others.

MODS - If this request is in the wrong location, please move it accordingly. Much thanks.
I'd be very interested in this (or an app that makes the front LEDs flash different colors, if possible). In fact, I'll raise the bounty up to $25 to the dev who creates such an app/tweak . I'd love to have it, it would just be fun
Follow me on Twitter

Market Themes (for Theme Engine):
MellowYellow (NEW!!)
MattedBlues

apristel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshawn View Post
I would think this would be a bad idea for the same reason all those *led* flash light apps warn you not to over use for fear of burning out...If you get a much of notifications that would mean constant use.
You could disable it. Thats what I did on the MAXX....had it set for on the "loud" profile so it would only flash then.

M@XLOL
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
This doesn't sound like a bad idea to me either.

apristel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
bumper cars.

Tags
apristel, flash, incoming call, led