Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINKS] Nexus One FRF72

Tip us?

esincho
Old
Thanks Meter 214
At least they getting it right. They never said it was ready 2 go at I/O. We so spoiled by xda I tell ya, including me.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Skyrocket
HTC My Touch 4G
HTC Nexus One
HTC HD2
HTC Touch Pro 2
Palm Treo 680 (2 of em)

ram130
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by esincho View Post
At least they getting it right. They never said it was ready 2 go at I/O. We so spoiled by xda I tell ya, including me.
- Ram

| |
Phone: iP & dX.
Boot Loader: Grub 2
Kernel:3.10-rc3
ROM: Unknown
Radio: HitzConnect Radio TuneIn! (I need a android dev)
Tablet: Nexus 7 with m kernel (bootloader locked and rooted)
__
--
Hobby:
http://fb.hitzconnect.com

I PRODUCE:
http://www.myspace.com/thisiscap

--

AvengerBB
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaverick50 View Post
They have made "significant progress over the last couple of weeks"??? Wasn't froyo more or less ready at io? What are they progressing on? This is worthy of a deep analysis I hope that when its all said and done there is some sort of clearl timeline starting at io, I just have to know what happened that set them back so much that "significant progress" is insufficient. I wonder whats so important that it has to remain so mysterious? Obvioisly something big happened right after io. Mystery, conspiracy, intrigue, anticipation....This is utterly fascinating.
This is why Google is hesitant to say anything - they are just picked apart. Tell me why you believe they were set back? The only official statement was that 2.2 would come within a matter of weeks.

chronopc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm currently using Froyo on my phone and it works great. No real issues besides the Navigation sound not working correctly with the Car Dock. So I don't really mind Google taking their time to release the official OTA. Google is adding a lot with Froyo, so I'm not surprised that it's taking them a while to figure out all of the bugs. Hopefully they'll add some more features.

dan1431
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by passion-ate a Google Employee
@mr_christian: I was referring to Google as "us". I just want people to understand that we are not intentionally holding back the release. We work very hard on the platform for our customers to enjoy (including tasty names!), and would rather release it than not. That said, we will not release it until we are happy with it.

I am not at liberty to share details of what is being worked on, but at a high level we weren't happy with the performance and quality bar we had set for this release. There were also a few last minute bugs that cropped up and wanted to fix them before launch.

Hope that helps. Once again, we appreciate all the support and feedback!
I am not sure that this follow up has made the thread yet, but it looks like there were some bugs, but also Google was not happy with performance of Android 2.2 (maybe speed of the OS, special fixes for the N1 specifically or something else entirely).

Another interesting point is that Google wants us to enjoy their releases probably as much as they enjoy thinking up new features and bringing them to reality.

Dan

McHale
Old
Thanks Meter 16
True, but I'd be happier with an 85% bug free now and the last 15% later than the 100% much later. Also, the 85% bug free is still way better than 2.1 I have now. I've come close to throwing my N1 in a drawer for good a few times.
CURRENT Device: Nokia Lumia 920.

HTC should die a slow, painful death.

esincho
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by McHale View Post
True, but I'd be happier with an 85% bug free now and the last 15% later than the 100% much later. Also, the 85% bug free is still way better than 2.1 I have now. I've come close to throwing my N1 in a drawer for good a few times.
we have this now wit the current froyo roms
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Skyrocket
HTC My Touch 4G
HTC Nexus One
HTC HD2
HTC Touch Pro 2
Palm Treo 680 (2 of em)

DMaverick50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerBB View Post
This is why Google is hesitant to say anything - they are just picked apart. Tell me why you believe they were set back? The only official statement was that 2.2 would come within a matter of weeks.
Actually since it worked so well on my phone I initially thought maybe they were adding cool stuff. I guess the post above by dan seems to indicate there were indeed setbacks. That's too bad I was hoping for the former. Anyway I'm still curious to know what they weren't happy with, because most people with the test version seem pretty happy with it. I guess its good that google has such high standards.
Phone: Nexus One

inneyeseakay
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCopernicus View Post
Typicall google, what a failure, if they were apple this wouldn't happen.
MMS?
Flash?
Multi-tasking?
---Nick---

DMaverick50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
First off, I'd like to say hello! I'm from SA, TX as well.

Secondly, I don't know what they are holding up their sleeve, but I hope it's something good. As they're getting "data" back from something.
Hello to you too.

Hey out of curiousity, do you lose data connection when you go into stores/ other buildings? I do more often than not. Seems really lame I'm wondering if it could be my phone...I live in Alamo heights area
Phone: Nexus One