Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,190 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP -I Locked myself out of my phone!

Tip us?

adeyo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Question HELP -I Locked myself out of my phone!

ok, so my work requires me to use a password to lock my phone in order to enable my microsoft exchange (push email) on my phone. I recently installed and tested voice texting. Only problem is, when my phone went to sleep and i tried unlock it, the voice texting program was set as the input method. But it runs as a program so my lock is preventing it from running and thereby preventing me from entering any numbers/letters to unlock my phone!! when i longpress on the input field it won't allow me to change to another keyboard. WHAT CAN I DO?? Please help.

Thanks!

MrDSL
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeyo View Post
ok, so my work requires me to use a password to lock my phone in order to enable my microsoft exchange (push email) on my phone. I recently installed and tested voice texting. Only problem is, when my phone went to sleep and i tried unlock it, the voice texting program was set as the input method. But it runs as a program so my lock is preventing it from running and thereby preventing me from entering any numbers/letters to unlock my phone!! when i longpress on the input field it won't allow me to change to another keyboard. WHAT CAN I DO?? Please help.

Thanks!
I suppose a complete wipe would work. I'm sure you have a backup right?
Phone: Optimus G Pro
ROM: CM11
Kernel
Theme: Mixer
Radio: BM9615A

Follow me on Twitter @Mr_DSL

danknee
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
+1
Seems like the most up front way.
adb reboot recovery >> boot recovery console >> restore nandroid backup

adeyo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Unhappy thanks, but now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknee View Post
+1
Seems like the most up front way.
adb reboot recovery >> boot recovery console >> restore nandroid backup
well... no backup yet...i haven't rooted yet b/c my confidence isn't there yet either. Hard reset?? Ok, so if i want to do it right, how would i backup my entire phone -what do you recommend. I guess now that i will have to hard reset it i might as well figure out how to do a complete backup. (also, not really familiar with adb, but i can read -any pointers??)

danknee
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Personally, I would just follow toast's rooting guide. When you flash the PC36IMG.zip your problem will go away and your phone will essentially be restored to stock anyway. If you are looking for a great ROM, I am particular to Flipz.

TheBiles
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeyo View Post
well... no backup yet...i haven't rooted yet b/c my confidence isn't there yet either. Hard reset?? Ok, so if i want to do it right, how would i backup my entire phone -what do you recommend. I guess now that i will have to hard reset it i might as well figure out how to do a complete backup. (also, not really familiar with adb, but i can read -any pointers??)
You have no excuse not to root!

adeyo
Old
(Last edited by adeyo; 13th June 2010 at 12:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Question thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
so, i did a hard reset. any backup program (apps2sd, mobile defense, etc that you recommend?...or just a nandroid backup?) I don't really know what is best and easiest to restore.

Now that i see my need to root/backup...
@ danknee -thanks! looks like flipz rom is one i would like.
@ TheBiles -you are right -no excuse anymore! that is awesome and simple enough for even me!!
***by the way, swype is awesome!!! thanks for posting that. i never would have thought it could have been that much faster!

Thanks again you guys for responding!!