Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HELP -I Locked myself out of my phone!

OP adeyo

12th June 2010, 08:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 10

369 posts
More
ok, so my work requires me to use a password to lock my phone in order to enable my microsoft exchange (push email) on my phone. I recently installed and tested voice texting. Only problem is, when my phone went to sleep and i tried unlock it, the voice texting program was set as the input method. But it runs as a program so my lock is preventing it from running and thereby preventing me from entering any numbers/letters to unlock my phone!! when i longpress on the input field it won't allow me to change to another keyboard. WHAT CAN I DO?? Please help.

Thanks!
12th June 2010, 09:29 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,534

7,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeyo

ok, so my work requires me to use a password to lock my phone in order to enable my microsoft exchange (push email) on my phone. I recently installed and tested voice texting. Only problem is, when my phone went to sleep and i tried unlock it, the voice texting program was set as the input method. But it runs as a program so my lock is preventing it from running and thereby preventing me from entering any numbers/letters to unlock my phone!! when i longpress on the input field it won't allow me to change to another keyboard. WHAT CAN I DO?? Please help.

Thanks!

I suppose a complete wipe would work. I'm sure you have a backup right?
12th June 2010, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 18

895 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL

+1
Seems like the most up front way.
adb reboot recovery >> boot recovery console >> restore nandroid backup
12th June 2010, 10:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lynchburg, VA

369 posts
More
Unhappy thanks, but now what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by danknee

+1
Seems like the most up front way.
adb reboot recovery >> boot recovery console >> restore nandroid backup

well... no backup yet...i haven't rooted yet b/c my confidence isn't there yet either. Hard reset?? Ok, so if i want to do it right, how would i backup my entire phone -what do you recommend. I guess now that i will have to hard reset it i might as well figure out how to do a complete backup. (also, not really familiar with adb, but i can read -any pointers??)
12th June 2010, 11:01 PM   |  #5  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 18

895 posts
More
Personally, I would just follow toast's rooting guide. When you flash the PC36IMG.zip your problem will go away and your phone will essentially be restored to stock anyway. If you are looking for a great ROM, I am particular to Flipz.
12th June 2010, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks Meter: 161

3,470 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeyo

well... no backup yet...i haven't rooted yet b/c my confidence isn't there yet either. Hard reset?? Ok, so if i want to do it right, how would i backup my entire phone -what do you recommend. I guess now that i will have to hard reset it i might as well figure out how to do a complete backup. (also, not really familiar with adb, but i can read -any pointers??)

You have no excuse not to root!
13th June 2010, 12:55 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lynchburg, VA

369 posts
More
Question thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL

so, i did a hard reset. any backup program (apps2sd, mobile defense, etc that you recommend?...or just a nandroid backup?) I don't really know what is best and easiest to restore.

Now that i see my need to root/backup...
@ danknee -thanks! looks like flipz rom is one i would like.
@ TheBiles -you are right -no excuse anymore! that is awesome and simple enough for even me!!
***by the way, swype is awesome!!! thanks for posting that. i never would have thought it could have been that much faster!

Thanks again you guys for responding!!
Last edited by adeyo; 13th June 2010 at 01:01 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread