Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[VGA]New Huashan Phone Canvas Enhancement Ported

OP cnzqy1

13th June 2010, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

589 posts
Hello all, here is the newest Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_5_0_61220152721_0 from Huashan ported to VGA. All credit go to WoZZeR999 for his port ,pyrorob for his porting template(a phcanrc.dll from Leo Phone Canvas) and amarullz for his phcanvga.exe!

Why this one:
1. It supports WM6.5.3(231XX) natively. No more Caller ID issue or graphical glitches.
2. It supports video call.

Why not the one from Oboe(seems much newer):
1. It has dual SIM support thus if we want to use it we need to get rid of its dual SIM support(e.g. hex edit), otherwise we can't even make a call.
2. It doesn't support video call.

The attached zip has two packages inside: Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_5_0_61220152721_0(Phone Canvas itself), Video_Telephony_3_0_38566_0(a dependency of the Phone Canvas).

All packages are with 0804 localization, 0409 localization attached seperately.

Please download the phcanrc.dll attached and replace the one in the original package to get VGA resolution. And please make the phcanvga.exe start on boot(put a link in /Windows/StartUp).

This Phone Canvas won't work on AKU versions other than 6.5.3.

Again thanks WoZZeR999 for his port!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HUASHAN Phone Canvas Enhancement.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.96 MB, 1970 views)
File Type: zip 0409.zip - [Click for QR Code] (116.4 KB, 847 views)
File Type: zip vgafiles.zip - [Click for QR Code] (37.4 KB, 761 views)
Last edited by cnzqy1; 10th July 2010 at 05:29 AM.
13th June 2010, 06:07 AM   |  #2  
US, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 38

343 posts
More
The Haushan rom doesn't need the ipdial package, just for info. It does need the Video Telephony package.

The package seems to be very similar to the leo 2g stuff, so it may be possible (if the leo 2g was converted to vga) to just replace a few files with the leo ones (anything that has dialog and image resources).
13th June 2010, 06:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

589 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999

The Haushan rom doesn't need the ipdial package, just for info. It does need the Video Telephony package.

The package seems to be very similar to the leo 2g stuff, so it may be possible (if the leo 2g was converted to vga) to just replace a few files with the leo ones (anything that has dialog and image resources).

Ok, I will remove the IP dial package. But there is a option in the Phone Canvas menu to open IP dial.
I guess the resources inside the dlls have changed a lot, simply replacing files doesn't sound good and we will lose 6.5.3 compatibilty.
And it's "Huashan" instead of "Haushan", Huashan is a famous mountain in China, literally translated as "Hua Mountain".
Last edited by cnzqy1; 13th June 2010 at 06:29 AM.
13th June 2010, 06:37 AM   |  #4  
US, Michigan

343 posts
More
Sorry, my mistype.

I know that the CMYLXGO Leo 2g dialer skins it perfectly. -- After looking at it, phcanImages probably does not have any of the screen res stuff in it, so my mistake.

I'm using Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_5_0_61220142530_0, so I don't know if they added IP Dialer, but I don't need it to make calls. (No option shows up for it either)
13th June 2010, 06:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

589 posts
Quote:

Sorry, my mistype.

I know that the CMYLXGO Leo 2g dialer skins it perfectly. -- After looking at it, phcanImages probably does not have any of the screen res stuff in it, so my mistake.

I'm using Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_5_0_61220142530_0, so I don't know if they added IP Dialer, but I don't need it to make calls. (No option shows up for it either)

IP dialing in the right soft key menu in 0804 mui. Basically, we only need to port phcanrc.dll.
13th June 2010, 07:04 AM   |  #6  
US, Michigan

343 posts
More
If you can attach the most recent vga phcanrc file, I can try my hand at editing the Huashan phcanrc.dll for you.
13th June 2010, 07:09 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

589 posts
Quote:

If you can attach the most recent vga phcanrc file, I can try my hand at editing the Huashan phcanrc.dll for you.

Oh really? Thanks! I attached the most recent ported Qilin Phone Canvas Enhancement(which is the most like Huashan one) phcanrc.dll. phcanvga.exe also(the program to push the phone canvas upwards, you can ignore it, I just upload in case).
Attached Files
File Type: zip phcanrc.zip - [Click for QR Code] (26.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: zip phcanvga.zip - [Click for QR Code] (16.9 KB, 114 views)
13th June 2010, 07:31 AM   |  #8  
US, Michigan

343 posts
More
I can transfer most of the dialog boxes over, but there's 5 more in the Huashan, and without a vga device I can't test them. I'll have this done in a few minutes, so you can test if it mostly works, and give screen shots of stuff that doesn't.
13th June 2010, 07:39 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

589 posts
Quote:

I can transfer most of the dialog boxes over, but there's 5 more in the Huashan, and without a vga device I can't test them. I'll have this done in a few minutes, so you can test if it mostly works, and give screen shots of stuff that doesn't.

Ok, great, I've just tried that phcanrc.dll that I attached before, but not thinking it good. So I have another dll for you, you may also do some modifications. The attached phcanrc.dll here is almost perfect, but it may be different from Huashan one, hope you can have a look at it and try to use it as a template.
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip phcanrc.dll.zip - [Click for QR Code] (28.3 KB, 104 views)
Last edited by cnzqy1; 13th June 2010 at 07:44 AM.
13th June 2010, 07:43 AM   |  #10  
US, Michigan

343 posts
More
This one looks much better. The other one you posted didn't look like it was really changed much (still had 800x480) dialog boxes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread