FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[DEV STOPPED][APP][v1.1]Cloud SMS Backup

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By computerjunkie, Senior Member on 14th June 2010, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
**Development has stopped. I bought an Evo and am no longer developing for Windows Mobile at this time. I have attached the Visual Studio 2008 Solution in the attachments at the bottom for anyone that wants to take up the development.**

SMS Cloud Backup reads your SMS account (no MMS available yet) and sends a backup of all your SMS Conversation (threaded) to an email account of your choice. The body of the email is filled with your conversation (one email per conversation). You can also choose to send a backup of your SMS account an an attachment in a separate email for future restores (Restore option will be available in the next release). You can also choose to clear out your SMS account folders (Inbox, Sent, and Deleted). You may install this application on your Storage Card if you so desire.


Suggestions for use:

You can set up a filter to filter all emails from Cloud SMS Backup so they all will be stored in one location. See output screenshot.


Requirements:
.NET CF 3.5


A few people to thank:

eboelzner - For his wonderful Sense User Interface
mohitsapru - For the inspiration


Screenshots:




Output:




Features\Change Log:
v1.0:
- Send SMS as threaded conversation as text to email
- Send backup of SMS account as an attachment for future restore
- Delete messages from SMS account

v1.1:
- Fixed a bug so that only messages that have been backed up are deleted
Attached Files
File Type: cab CloudSMSBackupCab-v1.1.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (916.6 KB, 3764 views)
File Type: zip CloudSMSBackup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.41 MB, 1727 views)
Last edited by computerjunkie; 28th July 2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: update v1.1
 
 
14th June 2010, 09:06 PM |#2  
G-ThGraf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Nice one dude!
14th June 2010, 10:19 PM |#3  
ben_duder's Avatar
Retired News Writer
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Thanks!
15th June 2010, 02:49 PM |#4  
ai6908's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Land of Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 268
 
Donate to Me
More
Excellent tool...will try this out and see how it goes...thanks...
15th June 2010, 03:32 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Please let me know of any issues, features, etc.

I plan on adding a restore feature in the next release. I added a screenshot in the first post to show what the output looks like.
Last edited by computerjunkie; 15th June 2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: update
15th June 2010, 04:00 PM |#6  
ruzan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
backup failed
tried on hd energy rom. 23569. the latest.

have active sync(google) for gmail working perfectly.

but backup failed.

any suggestions?
15th June 2010, 04:06 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzan

tried on hd energy rom. 23569. the latest.

have active sync(google) for gmail working perfectly.

but backup failed.

any suggestions?

If you look in the installation directory/data folder, there will be an error.txt file. can you forward taht to me?
15th June 2010, 04:10 PM |#8  
ruzan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerjunkie

If you look in the installation directory/data folder, there will be an error.txt file. can you forward taht to me?

fyi.

error.txt
15th June 2010, 05:05 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzan

fyi.

Attachment 343552

Did you buy any chance run the application twice (without exiting first)? That's what caused the error for me. I'll try and narrow down the problems (should be as simple as clearing resources and checking for null values) and re-up a new version.

Thanks for testing it out.
15th June 2010, 05:18 PM |#10  
ruzan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerjunkie

Did you buy any chance run the application twice (without exiting first)? That's what caused the error for me. I'll try and narrow down the problems (should be as simple as clearing resources and checking for null values) and re-up a new version.

Thanks for testing it out.

got the error the first time after install. so did a soft reset and tried again but same error.

is the error anything to do with active sync? want to add gmail imap but dont want to mess my email settings as already have google sync working for contacts, calender and mail.

when u re-up, will surely check again. it will be nice having messages backed up on gmail. easy to use/access than microsoft my phone.

thanks for taking the effort.
15th June 2010, 05:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzan

got the error the first time after install. so did a soft reset and tried again but same error.

is the error anything to do with active sync? want to add gmail imap but dont want to mess my email settings as already have google sync working for contacts, calender and mail.

when u re-up, will surely check again. it will be nice having messages backed up on gmail. easy to use/access than microsoft my phone.

thanks for taking the effort.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I have gmail set up on my phone and it's been working flawlessly so far. I'll cut a few debug versions and PM to you sometime today.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes