[Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

OP darchstar

15th June 2010, 09:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 959

2,292 posts
heres a close to exact replica of the vendor tree i use to compile cyanogenmod http://github.com/darchstar/android_vendor_htc_heroc, and here is my latest kernel source that i am currently using in my test builds http://github.com/darchstar/htc-kernel-heroc

Ok guys, to start things off, I'd like to give a bigass thanks to Toatcfh for porting the eris's .29 kernel source so that we can finally have a fully working (hardware-wise) AOSP rom on our heroes. I'd also like to thanks Cyanogen for the source to work off of.

Now, to start things off. having following my actions on xda, you guys will see that for quite some time i've been working with AOSP 2.1, getting everything to work and whatnot. And now, I think we have a fully working AOSP rom! Now, with pleasure I would like to announce the release of Darchdroid v2.7

To give background of this rom, it is an AOSP Rom built from Cyanogenmod sources (with many modifications by myself). Now this is as bare bones a Rom gets, so if you are a minimalist, this is definitely the Rom for you. Though this may be very stripped down, it still has a plethora of features. to list them, here they are:

Features

* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 2.6.29 ported by ToastCFH.
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* Just In Time dalvikvm compiler
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext partition and enable it in settings->applications
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone app enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts app enhancements from Wysie
* MMS app enhancements
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and Cyanogen
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to double-click on the trackball and long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* TrackBall Mods in settings
* Fullscreen or windowed Browser
* Music App overhaul by Eliot Stocker
* Launcher overhaul by AnderWebs

Now, you may be wondering how functional of a build this actually is. well, i'm proud to say this rom tackles almost all previous issues associated with AOSP. Here i'll give you a list of Does and doesn't

What Does Work

* 3g/evdo
* SMS
* GPS
* Jogball
* All Sensors
* Market
* Most Live Wallpapers (HW restrictions)
* Camera (5MP)
* Bluetooth (maybe audio out through calls)
* Wifi
* OpenGL
* MultiTouch
* MMS

Now, so n00bs don't come bug me, i will also detail how exactly this should be done

First Timers

1.) Root and install a recovery image, preferably the one i provide.
2.) Make a nandroid backup (can't guarantee everything will go alright for you )
3.) WIPE
4.) install the rom
5.) Optionally you can flash Google ****s if you want them

Upgrading?

1.) Make an nandroid
2.) flash the rom (the updater-script will backup and restore your Google ****s for you)

Now, if you possibly may havea bug or some other issue, please follow these simple guidelines

How to Report Bugs or issues (thanks Cyanogen for the copy paste )

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg". adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output. Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the the bugreporter whenever possible!
- Report bugs HERE if no one on these forums can help u

Now onto the good stuff.

2.8 STABLE ROM (8-4-10) No Wipe updates (Check Changelog for Changes pl0x)
MD5Sum: dd77cc591d872847b501904103810bcb

Google ****s (6-15-10)
MD5Sum: e36d115c5c36e263394f67c1edbf1044

Unofficial Amon_RA 1.7 (6-8-10)
MD5Sum: de3e4a450dba1fab37dbd615a4108428

v2.8 - Updated kernel to v2.6.29.6, undervolt all cpu frequencies, fixed Lockscreen Lag (thanks Netarchy) updated ADW to 1.0.1, removed JIT (see second post to reenable it), Final Darchdroid (moving all my work upstream to CyanogenMod)
v2.7 - Removed BFS, fix'd MMS (thank u xda team ), incorporated ADW and Spare parts settings into the mainline settings, fix'd party in ur pants bug (thanks zewt), 480p res is unstable at this moment but option is there, fix'd gps, updated kernel version.
v2.6.5 - Added BFS 316, fixed lights issue, switched to ADW Launcher, added the trackball mods back into the ROM,fixed the google ****s not backing up and restoring issue, fixed gallery rotation issue though some icons are disproportional still, built eri.xml into the frameworks
v2.6.4 - Fixed video camera, updated DSupdater, changed elastic interloper for less bouncy homescreen, added tun.ko, and added option to clear ongoing notifications (voicemail icon )
v2.6.3 - Fix hw3d never going to sleep issue which in turns fixes gallery app which in turn fux live wallpapers , huge increase in speed in the launcher, more options to play with in spare parts.
v2.6.2 - revert Gallery3d to 2d (3d gallery left in for those who like it), hopefully fixed awake time, removed trackball mods, notification bar settings through spare parts, updated phone apk by Wysie, fixed gps (accurate to 8 meters)(thanks kraminc for the fix zip), added back in livewallpapers.apk, for vvm check attachments
v2.6.1- fixes openGL, camera now at 5 MP (thanks quietcblongs), video recording, Youtube
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	home.jpg
Views:	9592
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	343726   Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.png
Views:	7433
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	343727  
Last edited by darchstar; 5th August 2010 at 02:26 AM.
15th June 2010, 09:35 PM   |  #2  

2,292 posts
consult this post if u would like to sacrifice openGL performance (ie any game that is graphics intensive, gallery3d, etc) to have live wallpapers working perfect

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=73
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

for all things visual voicemail, consult this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=10

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Spare parts and ADW have been integrated into Android Settings. They are not missing

If u run any 3rd party launcher as default, ADW settings will no longer show up

To Enable JIT, flash the attachment from recovery, then when you boot up, go into terminal, SU, then enter jit-on

To get your 3D gallery back, follow these instructions: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.p...x-ds-06072010/

To fix whatever random reboot errors you are having, check this post out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2749
Attached Files
File Type: zip JIT.zip - [Click for QR Code] (790.6 KB, 553 views)
Last edited by darchstar; 10th August 2010 at 06:59 PM.
15th June 2010, 09:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cary, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 414

1,617 posts
More
Thanks, as always Darch.
Last edited by gomorrah; 15th June 2010 at 10:30 PM.
15th June 2010, 09:37 PM   |  #4  
Naperville, IL
Thanks Meter: 44

831 posts
Sweeeeeeet.
15th June 2010, 09:55 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,769

2,083 posts
Donate to Me
"Just when you thought you made something idiot proof, someone goes and makes a better idiot."
Last edited by Decad3nce; 17th June 2010 at 12:55 PM.
15th June 2010, 09:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 5

339 posts
More
Bottom light broken!
It worked perfect with 2.6.3 in the sense the lights came on right while booting but since 2.6.4 it doesn't work! Also, I confirm it by placing my finger on the light sensor, all the bottom lights comes on! And they don't light on pressing "Menu" button while locked! I have attached the first boot log along with this post! I hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (33.0 KB, 40 views)
15th June 2010, 10:03 PM   |  #7  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 669

836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Woop woop! Great job everyone!
15th June 2010, 10:03 PM   |  #8  

2,292 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroid007

It worked perfect with 2.6.3 in the sense the lights came on right while booting but since 2.6.4 it doesn't work! Also, I confirm it by placing my finger on the light sensor, all the bottom lights comes on! And they don't light on pressing "Menu" button while locked! I have attached the first boot log along with this post! I hope it helps!

so, this is more like a personal request rather than they are broken, correct? the lights work, the trackball lights up, and the light sensors work as they should, but u want it to work how u like it?
15th June 2010, 10:05 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 7

120 posts
Can someone clarify this for me... in the ROM notes Darchstar says includes JIT. Does that mean just the capability to turn it on or is on by default? I ask because I can't find any setting to turn it on or off.
15th June 2010, 10:06 PM   |  #10  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 5

339 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darchstar

so, this is more like a personal request rather than they are broken, correct? the lights work, the trackball lights up, and the light sensors work as they should, but u want it to work how u like it?

No Darchy! The lights don't work as they worked until (and as designed) 2.6.3, the lights don't come on at all unless I keep my finger on light sensor or I am in a dark room (which is annoying since the lights will be lit as long as I am in the dark and won't time out as they should) ..... let me know if you need more logs!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cyanogen, darchdroid v2.7, homescreen, kangslayer
Previous Thread Next Thread