World Cup 2010 v0.2 concept W7 (Freeware)
Requirements: WM 6, 6.5
This is an awesome small World Cup 2010 application for Windows Mobile, which has been entirely developed using the Compact Framework applying some UX concepts from Windows Phone 7 panoramic UI and spikes on fluent UI the developer recently worked on.
This app requires a touch-screen device with Windows Mobile and the Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 3.5.
As this is just a proof of concept, you can download it for free from the developers website below.
* 64 matches with detailed info which can be browsed by group, date or play off stage.
* 8 Groups details.
* Play-offs chart
* Manual update on-line which will got the following:
o World Cup news directly from the FIFA.Com News RSS feed, including pictures and links for full reading in your browser.
o Results for finished matches.
Fixes on v.0.2.beta:
* This version downloads the news directly from the Feeds sources, getting a faster connectivity and fresh information from FIFA.com.
* Calendar shows July 12th for time zones where the final match will be played that day.
* Small visual changes on Calendar.
* Play-Offs: Fix on the games chart, which was showing a confusing wrong line-connection for Semi-Finals. The data was correct, but the lines were wrong. This version fixes that.
* In some devices or orientations, the Play-offs chart was truncated. That issue is also fixed on this version.
Fixes on v.0.3.beta:
* All the v.0.2.beta fixes/changes.
* This version doesn’t show the Recovery Page.
* Fixes an issue for v.0.2. on a clean installation when the Images folder wasn’t on the XmlData folder.
* Includes a new “Today section” allowing you to see the games for today at a glance.
This version is published in four seven languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Chinese and German.
Let me say thanks to Marcus Bauer, Matthias Engler, Carlos Paulo, Ayrton Vasconcelos, Thomas Michiels, Nick Käser and Kenn Zhang for their help on translations.
* If the app crashes on your device, please email me (email@example.com) the “errorfound” file located on the xmlData folder. That file has the error log so I can see what the problem was. This file will be deleted if you have a successfully synchronization, so please make a copy before sync.
* I got some reports where the problem was related to the device running low of resources (even if it has lots of memory). I recommend you to take a look at the processes that are running on your device. A soft reset would help on those cases.
* If you think the app is showing wrong times for the matches, please check if your device has the right time zone configured. If that’s not the issue, feel free to send me an email.
* Any other issue you may have, don’t hesitate to contact me, because this piece of software is validating a UX engine that should be stable enough to be widespread reusable.
Do you still interested on the technology behind this app?? Maybe you should start thinking on what application can you develop with this kind of UX, or maybe just how can you re design your existing app to provide a fluid experience.
If you’re a Windows Mobile developer, you’ll probably find this app very interesting. I hope we start seeing lots of Panorama Applications not only in Windows Phone 7, but also in Windows Mobile 6.x. If we have the ability to build such kind of UX in .Net CF, our applications eco system will be better for sure.
Stay tuned! This story has just begun.
Operator : Telstra 4G
ROM : Official CyanogenMod 11 Snapshot
OS Build: 4.4
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?