Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Loop?

Tip us?

Ted926
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Root Loop?

Hi all,

I downloaded the modaco update-nexusone-FRF50-signed.zip, and flashed my stock 2.1 (out of the box) nexus one rom, it worked well for about 9 hours, i plugged it into my car charger and when i took it off, it froze, and the touch screen disabled. Now im trying to reflash the rom and keep getting stuck at E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1, then E: Can't mount SD card

Any ideas on how i can get this working again?

Thanks

wesbalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
reinsert your sdcard, I have issues where the sdcard doesn't sit properly. This is assuming your using a2sd
HTC Dream 1year> Nexus One 6months> Motorola Droid I/O10 Gift> HTC Evo4G I/O10 Gift> Samsung Vibrant ~1month> Nexus One 4months> MyTouch4G ~1month> Nexus S ~1month> Nexus One ~1month> HTC HD2 ~1month> Nexus One -in use> LG G2x 4months> HTC-Sensation ~2months> LG G2x -in use

Logitech Revue 3 Months, didnt really use it
GalaxyTab 10.1 Less than a month, waiting for next gen Tegra3

Ted926
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i have a few times, same thing keeps happening, is there anything else I can try before I chalk it up to hardware malfunction and send it in to get a new one.... i reaallly dont want to do that

im also tried different sd card, and none of them have worked.

wesbalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted926 View Post
i have a few times, same thing keeps happening, is there anything else I can try before I chalk it up to hardware malfunction and send it in to get a new one.... i reaallly dont want to do that

im also tried different sd card, and none of them have worked.
Well..... I wouldn't consider it to be a hardware malfunction yet.
1. Have you tried a non-apps2sd rom, like Stock Froyo
2. Have you tried completely reformatting your SD card on your desktop, while using a MicroSD to SD to USB converter or something of that sort. You'll need to delete all the partitions as you won't be able to see the EXT partiton in explorer, use disk manager
3. Have you tried using a different SD card?
4. Maybe you should completely wipe all the device in fastboot, maybe something is screwy, maybe even reinstall your recovery image

Try these things, then come back with results. We can diagnose issues after some of these troubleshooting techniques
HTC Dream 1year> Nexus One 6months> Motorola Droid I/O10 Gift> HTC Evo4G I/O10 Gift> Samsung Vibrant ~1month> Nexus One 4months> MyTouch4G ~1month> Nexus S ~1month> Nexus One ~1month> HTC HD2 ~1month> Nexus One -in use> LG G2x 4months> HTC-Sensation ~2months> LG G2x -in use

Ted926
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i haven't tried formatting the card, but i have tried other cards with the update.zip flash, do you have a link to the stock froyo file

i think the problem is that the one i downloaded wasnt legit, and i have wiped the device in fastboot, the problem is that something is wrong with the touch screen, when it relaods from rebooting, it will get to the touch the android welcome screen and wont register any touch screen input, only volume up/down, trackball, and power button

Ted926
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
okay, i tried formatting the sd card, and putting the update.zip file on it, and the same error occurred, when i tried to flash in recovery mode.

Ted926
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
any update on what i can do to fix this?

wesbalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Flash the original recovery image. You can find it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=614057

You would do this through fastboot. Its easy, try that out

Ted926
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
how do you do it through fastboot, i've only flashed through recovery

wesbalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted926 View Post
how do you do it through fastboot, i've only flashed through recovery
Put the img file on your sdcard, boot into fastboot, it should automatically check for the image and you should get a prompt asking for you to continue installing the image

Tags
can't mount sd card, froyo, nexus one