Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] HTC EVO on MetroPCS!!

Tip us?

lexce92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cant wait to see post either very very very excited

gazla1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexce92 View Post
cant wait to see post either very very very excited
+1

------------------------------

SYNTHAXXX
Old
(Last edited by SYNTHAXXX; 26th July 2010 at 03:24 PM.) Reason: IP address change
Thanks Meter 2
Default EVO on Cricket (everything working with no errors)

***UPDATED FILE TO REFLECT IP ADDRESS CHANGE***

Okay so I am not going into detail about Cricket EPST settings and how to use QPST right now. There are plenty of forums which detail everything you need in order to get that setup.

1. Please keep in mind that I did not do anything word-for-word from other tutorials. This setup does not require any proxy shortcuts with Anycut or Bettercut. Also, This is much easier to accomplish, especially if you are not computer savvy, using Root Explorer (download this from the market), rather than ADB.

2. Download this package or this package, depending on whether you are on Cricket or Metro. Unzip the RAR - It contains the 3 files which will be used.

3. Put these 3 files anywhere on your SD card.

4. Using Root Explorer, copy "u2nl" to root/system/bin/

5. Using Root Explorer, create a new folder within root/data/ and name it "opt" (without quotes).

6. Using Root Explorer, copy "autostart.sh to root/data/opt/

7. Download "Autostart (Root)" from the market.

8. Download "APN Backup and Restore" from the market.

9. Open APN Backup and do a backup of your current APN (for safe keeping).

10. Using APN Backup, delete APN's.

11. Using any file explorer, move the cricketAPNs.xml to the APN backup folder on your SD card.

12. Using APN Backup, restore APN's and select the cricketAPNs.xml as the file to restore.

13. Reboot and you are done.

I have to leave for a bit but I wanted to get this posted so you all can try it out. It only takes a few minutes... I'll double check these instructions when I get home and make sure I am not missing anything. If you are having problems, please PM me and let me know. I'll be able to fix this up later, if needed...

Or, feel free to email me at synthaxxx@gmail.com

ap3604
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Synthaxxx = Hero

Does anyone out there know if this will work with METROSPCS as well?

lexce92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dam I am Now on a fresh rom and i get a # when i send adb command but i am still receving a mkdir failed for opt error and i am rooted dont know whats going on

Casshern
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I used some of this info in my quest to get a supersonic on big red.

Mission accomplished.

Thanks OP.

Still have mms issues to fix, but other than that, cant complain.

SYNTHAXXX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This will work on metro as well.

Regarding the makedir permission issue... just use root explorer to create the folder. U can do it with adb but instead of using block3 in the command line, use block4... I don't recall the exact syntax as I am not good with adb... but if u use root explorer, you will have no problem... assuming you are rooted...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

lexce92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the feed back but i just changed a few things and i got the apps working i will post how i did it when i remember what i changed

X-Kenshin-X
Old
Thanks Meter 1
awesome post that is exactly what i needed, i am like halfway done, but i wa unable to find this "root explorer" app you are talking about, i coudln't find it on the market??

lexce92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
you have to pay for it in the market. go to 4shared on your phone and type in . root explorer and download from there make sure you have unknow sources checked on phone by going to menu+applications check unknow sources