***UPDATED FILE TO REFLECT IP ADDRESS CHANGE***
Okay so I am not going into detail about Cricket EPST settings and how to use QPST right now. There are plenty of forums which detail everything you need in order to get that setup.
1. Please keep in mind that I did not do anything word-for-word from other tutorials. This setup does not require any proxy shortcuts with Anycut or Bettercut. Also, This is much easier to accomplish, especially if you are not computer savvy, using Root Explorer (download this from the market), rather than ADB.
2. Download this package
or this package
, depending on whether you are on Cricket or Metro. Unzip the RAR - It contains the 3 files which will be used.
3. Put these 3 files anywhere on your SD card.
4. Using Root Explorer, copy "u2nl" to root/system/bin/
5. Using Root Explorer, create a new folder within root/data/ and name it "opt" (without quotes).
6. Using Root Explorer, copy "autostart.sh to root/data/opt/
7. Download "Autostart (Root)" from the market.
8. Download "APN Backup and Restore" from the market.
9. Open APN Backup and do a backup of your current APN (for safe keeping).
10. Using APN Backup, delete APN's.
11. Using any file explorer, move the cricketAPNs.xml to the APN backup folder on your SD card.
12. Using APN Backup, restore APN's and select the cricketAPNs.xml as the file to restore.
13. Reboot and you are done.
I have to leave for a bit but I wanted to get this posted so you all can try it out. It only takes a few minutes... I'll double check these instructions when I get home and make sure I am not missing anything. If you are having problems, please PM me and let me know. I'll be able to fix this up later, if needed...
Or, feel free to email me at email@example.com