Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3

Tip us?

magicalan
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoremora View Post
No problem! How's Froyo for the Evo, I wanted to try it out... but decided against for right now.
its ok i dint see anything new!! lol just little diference i actually think 2.1 its faster :P but whatever haha so hmm i tried adb remount
then now it says device not found

Cordy
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Just posting back, you're recovery is a no go for me because of the bad blocks. I tried re-rooting starting from flashing the stock RUU then flashed the userdebug rom then the eng rom. The only recovery that works is toasts recovery. I even tried you're small test recovery and it flashes after warning about not writing to the bad block the reboot recovery just hangs at the HTC Evo 4G screen.

rjmjr69
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I guess this issue is more prevalent than first thought huh? I Doubt theres a bunch of phones with the same bad sector?/???
Considering how the other recoverys work

aldo37
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I got a bad sector when flashing the recovery with toasts ROM, but I have had absolutely no issues. I'm going to stick with toasts recovery (which is this one no?), until I have to change.

Cordy
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Default Re: [Recovery] [18-June-2010] RA-evo-v1.7.0.1

Quote:
I guess this issue is more prevalent than first thought huh? I Doubt theres a bunch of phones with the same bad sector?/???
Considering how the other recoverys work
The problem is probably more prevalent but it isn't going to be the same sector on every device. When rooting the roms just write to the partitions. If we were able to format the partition recovery is on it may alleviate the problem.
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

frettfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 107
So i was having some issues installing a few ROMs and other sporadic issues with others when someone in another thread mentioned that they were having the same issues only after they installed this updated recovery, but the one from toast's original part 2 unlocking thread worked great...

It wouldnt let me install bakedsnack v7 (gave me a digest error) for instance.

so i downgraded and BAM.. everything works great!

Just thought i would post my findings in hopes that Amon could release an update. Appreciate all the hard work and everything that he has done for this community!!
If i helped you please hit the thanks button

Model: T-mobile LG G3
ROM:
Kernel:

rjmjr69
Old
(Last edited by rjmjr69; 20th June 2010 at 07:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy View Post
The problem is probably more prevalent but it isn't going to be the same sector on every device. When rooting the roms just write to the partitions. If we were able to format the partition recovery is on it may alleviate the problem.
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
So why does it get formatted? I thought we had complete access now?

Also it seems to be the same address and it also seems to affect more people than thought. I wonder if its a hardware thing I have revision 2

I REALLY LOVE This recovery but i love the ROM manager and it sucks I have to use clockworks recovery in order to use it is there anyway you can make it so your original works with rom manager or corroborate so you have the same options having the USB toggle is KEY if you ask me and all the wipe options something that his doesnt have

OP I'll make a $20 donation if you can make my wishes come true. Anyone else want to chip in?

I'm going to flash back to stock then restart the whole process just to see what happens

Amon_RA
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalan View Post
it says
sending recovery..OKAY
writing "recovery"...INFOsignature checking.....
FAILED <remote: signature verify fail>
Finished. total time: 2.165s
Did you follow the root + unlock NAND procedure BEFORE trying to flash this recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frettfreak View Post
So i was having some issues installing a few ROMs and other sporadic issues with others when someone in another thread mentioned that they were having the same issues only after they installed this updated recovery, but the one from toast's original part 2 unlocking thread worked great...
I didn't remove the signature verification check in this recovery and I never plan to. I don't want people to flash corrupted zips and "brick" their phones. Please inform those rom-devs to sign their update files.
NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

Amon_RA
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post

Also it seems to be the same address and it also seems to affect more people than thought. I wonder if its a hardware thing I have revision 2

I REALLY LOVE This recovery but i love the ROM manager and it sucks I have to use clockworks recovery in order to use it is there anyway you can make it so your original works with rom manager or corroborate so you have the same options having the USB toggle is KEY if you ask me and all the wipe options something that his doesnt have

OP I'll make a $20 donation if you can make my wishes come true. Anyone else want to chip in?

I'm going to flash back to stock then restart the whole process just to see what happens
Could you please try to flash recovery-RA-evo-v1.7.0.2.img and use fastboot to flash :

Code:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-evo-v1.7.0.2.img
I'll most likely not make my recovery compatible with Koush's rommanger because I would need to almost rewrite it fully.
NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

Cordy
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post

1. I do know my address was different than yours, can't speak for anyone elses.
2. The roms don't format them because they don't expect them to be corrupted. Normal consumers don't flash their phones very often and after you update once that should be it, no reason to update again until they release a new one. Also things like recovery don't always have to change. Things like the radio, system, etc will. Of course I could be wrong but that logic makes most sense.
3. If you have you're rom setup I wouldn't waste the time starting from scratch as I stated I tried doing that and still couldn't flash the recovery. The recovery partition has the bad block and ruu'ing and flashing any rom isn't really going to change that as they are just writing to the partitions. However please see below.

@Amon_RA
Hey letting you know I flashed recovery-RA-evo-v1.7.0.2.img and it works. Didn't get the failed to write and it also loads this time! Thanks a lot for getting the recovery to work for us.