Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2.2 OTA Update in next 2 weeks - From HTC support

Tip us?

jonnobright
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile 2.2 OTA Update in next 2 weeks - From HTC support

Dear Jonathan, Thank you for contacting us in regards to your flash player issue. Within the next 2 weeks HTC wil release the Android 2.2 OS over the air. The will enable the lastest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device and will resolve any exisiting issues. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Best regards, xxxxxxxxxxxxx HTC Technical Support

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What can I say! bring it on!

philje123
Old
Thanks Meter 32
That's brilliant news! Can't bloody wait!
Xperia Z Black - 32GB class 10 Samsung card - Stock ROM - Rooted

wmh
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Brilliant, lets hope his word is good for it !!
Thanks for the info.

jonnobright
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sent them the email cos I couldn't watch Vixen Videos on The Daily Star

MaTiCeK-
Old
(Last edited by MaTiCeK-; 18th June 2010 at 02:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
I still wouldn't be too suprised if it doesn't come out at that time.

By now it's getting kind of a fail on Google's side that they teased us with Froyo mid may and still haven't officially released it even on the N1. I'm afraid Apple's iOS 4 will beat Froyo to the market. After iOS4 mass market will not care much for Android at least for another half year.

We have to keep our hopes high though, so hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be running Froyo.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,050
IF, and I say if, that's true then fair play HTC!!
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r20

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

veryjiggy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTiCeK- View Post
I still wouldn't be too suprised if it doesn't come out at that time.

By now it's getting kind of a fail on Google's side that they teased us with Froyo mid may and still haven't officially released it even on the N1. I'm afraid Apple's iOS 4 will beat Froyo to the market. After iOS4 mass market will not care much for Android at least for another half year.

We have to keep our hopes high though, so hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be running Froyo.
I agree. I think if you don't release the update within a few weeks of announcing it publicly, it reflects very badly on your planning/preparation. And as much as I hate Apple, I think they are pretty good at these things, while Google clearly has a long way to go. If they do screw up with Froyo, Android's dreams of catching up with iPhone in terms of market share would remain dreams for a long long time.

Aitese
Old
(Last edited by Aitese; 18th June 2010 at 02:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Ah, so it begins. The rumour of the 23rd of June is now being pushed back by another two weeks before we even get to the 23rd.

Can we stop this? In just under two weeks someone will receive another email pushing it back another few weeks, and again, and again and so on.

Until HTC say "It'll be out on this date" this emailing customer service nonsense should just stop.

veryjiggy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitese View Post
Ah, so it begins. The rumour of the 23rd of June is now being pushed back by another two weeks before we even get to the 23rd.

Can we stop this? In just under two weeks someone will receive another email pushing it back another few weeks, and again, and again and so on.

Until HTC say "It'll be out on this date" this emailing customer service nonsense should just stop.
It says 'within the next two weeks'. ;)
Chill dude.

rovex
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Last time i checked the 23rd was in the next 2 weeks. OTA updates are rarely on the same date for everyone for a number of reasons, so an exact date may not be possible.