Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

2.2 OTA Update in next 2 weeks - From HTC support

18th June 2010, 01:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Dear Jonathan, Thank you for contacting us in regards to your flash player issue. Within the next 2 weeks HTC wil release the Android 2.2 OS over the air. The will enable the lastest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device and will resolve any exisiting issues. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Best regards, xxxxxxxxxxxxx HTC Technical Support

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What can I say! bring it on!
18th June 2010, 01:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag York, UK
Thanks Meter: 32

378 posts
More
That's brilliant news! Can't bloody wait!
18th June 2010, 01:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

83 posts
More
Brilliant, lets hope his word is good for it !!
Thanks for the info.
18th June 2010, 01:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Sent them the email cos I couldn't watch Vixen Videos on The Daily Star
18th June 2010, 01:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

441 posts
More
I still wouldn't be too suprised if it doesn't come out at that time.

By now it's getting kind of a fail on Google's side that they teased us with Froyo mid may and still haven't officially released it even on the N1. I'm afraid Apple's iOS 4 will beat Froyo to the market. After iOS4 mass market will not care much for Android at least for another half year.

We have to keep our hopes high though, so hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be running Froyo.
Last edited by MaTiCeK-; 18th June 2010 at 02:01 PM.
18th June 2010, 02:10 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,058

13,327 posts
More
IF, and I say if, that's true then fair play HTC!!
18th June 2010, 02:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTiCeK-

I still wouldn't be too suprised if it doesn't come out at that time.

By now it's getting kind of a fail on Google's side that they teased us with Froyo mid may and still haven't officially released it even on the N1. I'm afraid Apple's iOS 4 will beat Froyo to the market. After iOS4 mass market will not care much for Android at least for another half year.

We have to keep our hopes high though, so hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be running Froyo.

I agree. I think if you don't release the update within a few weeks of announcing it publicly, it reflects very badly on your planning/preparation. And as much as I hate Apple, I think they are pretty good at these things, while Google clearly has a long way to go. If they do screw up with Froyo, Android's dreams of catching up with iPhone in terms of market share would remain dreams for a long long time.
18th June 2010, 02:15 PM   |  #8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

306 posts
More
Ah, so it begins. The rumour of the 23rd of June is now being pushed back by another two weeks before we even get to the 23rd.

Can we stop this? In just under two weeks someone will receive another email pushing it back another few weeks, and again, and again and so on.

Until HTC say "It'll be out on this date" this emailing customer service nonsense should just stop.
Last edited by Aitese; 18th June 2010 at 02:17 PM.
18th June 2010, 02:20 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitese

Ah, so it begins. The rumour of the 23rd of June is now being pushed back by another two weeks before we even get to the 23rd.

Can we stop this? In just under two weeks someone will receive another email pushing it back another few weeks, and again, and again and so on.

Until HTC say "It'll be out on this date" this emailing customer service nonsense should just stop.

It says 'within the next two weeks'. ;)
Chill dude.
18th June 2010, 02:21 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 222

1,129 posts
Last time i checked the 23rd was in the next 2 weeks. OTA updates are rarely on the same date for everyone for a number of reasons, so an exact date may not be possible.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread