Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Want Something on the Front Page? Contact Us.

OP egzthunder1

18th June 2010, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 4,997

18,519 posts
More
Hey all,

You may have noticed that the front page (a.k.a. the portal) of our beloved forums has been getting regular updates, leading to news, improvements, and more.... anything related to xda-developers. Keeping up with the latest and greatest apps, themes, mods, hacks, etc. is our way of giving those developers that put the time and effort in this community some 15 minutes of fame by being featured in the largest online community of its kind in the world. However, since we are not omniscient and hence cannot spot every single piece of software that shows up in a 2.5 million member community, we would like to ask you for help. If you see something that is of interest to you, that you believe could have an impact on XDA, or you simply made the next best app in the world, drop us a pm. We will be more than happy to evaluate the submission and feature it on the XDA Portal.

Here is the contact information for the News Writer Team:

orb3000
ben_duder
mic_888
Wen(WM)
ElCondor
sirphunkee
Livven
nqnguyen2
Leddy
wingman1487
egzthunder1 - Portal Administrator.

Any help and tips are greatly appreciated Together we can make xda-developers even bigger than it already is.

Sincerely,

News Writer Team
Last edited by egzthunder1; 19th June 2010 at 03:45 AM.
19th June 2010, 04:34 AM   |  #2  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040

22,287 posts
Donate to Me
Arrow Introduction
As some of you may know me
Iīm orb3000, and been around XDA since 2006; this site change me the way of seeing mobile world. Interested mainly on Windows Mobile platform.
I started with Universal which I had for almost 5 years, after that I got a Rhodium and a Maple and later a Leo.
I write most of my articles for that OS and also do active help on spam reporting, as well as welcoming new members

I do not consider myself as an expert, I am simply a regular member trying to help to they wayI do better to the first and only community I love so much

XDA!!

So, feel free to contact me if you think something of your work may go to our Front Page.
Come on!, donīt be shy

orb
Last edited by orb3000; 20th June 2010 at 10:46 PM.
19th June 2010, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

89 posts
Thanks guys, I love the way you are being updated without losing the essence.

Everything in xda is getting better.
19th June 2010, 10:15 AM   |  #4  
Retired News Writer
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 26

1,729 posts
I am ElCondor, and I'm from Holland. You might know me from the GTX Sense theme.
Back in February, I started this job as a news writer, because I wanted to be part of and contribute to the xda-developers community.
Since then, I started to love writing these articles, and my English improved drastically.
My articles are mostly Android or Windows Phone 7 related.
You can always contact me if you have any suggestions or special requests. Also if you have found something newsworthy, something other users may enjoy too, just let me or any other newswriter know.

Best regards,

ElCondor
XDA News Writer
19th June 2010, 11:42 AM   |  #5  
Retired News Writer
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

429 posts
More
Hi guys, I've been around since 2007 when I bought the HTC Touch, well things have moved on a lot since then, and I've tried my hand at developing for WM and Android (still learning), but wanted to contribute more by becoming a News Writer for XDA

I write mainly Android articles, and some Windows Mobile. We're always sifting through the masses of threads for front page news, but do let me or the other guys know if you think anything is newsworthy including any breaking news!
20th June 2010, 04:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 4,997

18,519 posts
More
I guess I will add my little "intro" in here as well

I'm egzthunder1 and I am the Portal Administrator as well as a Senior Moderator. I have been a XDA member for a very, very long time... since July 2005 to be more precise. I have gone through many devices, starting out with a Wallaby (SX56) and kept on going afterwards with many other devices (Blue Angel, Wizard, Vogue, Raphael, Herman, Mogul, and ultimately HD2)... most of which I still own and are fully functional. I have helped many, many people throughout these years, despite my lack of development ability. A few months ago, I became a News Writer based on a suggestion by Flar (Retired Admin) to try to increase the flow of people to the site by creating a more dynamic front page of the website, with up to date content about everything XDA. Shortly after, I became Senior Moderator, and really shortly after, due to Flar's departure, I became Editor in Chief and Portal Administrator.

I would like to invite all of you (as I stated in my first post in this thread) to let us (the news writer team) know if you know of something that would be cool to have in the front page.

Looking forward to your input and thanks for supporting XDA!

Sincerely,

egzthunder1
20th June 2010, 11:12 AM   |  #7  
Retired News Writer
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 7

829 posts
More
Hi there!

I've been a member since 2008, when I got my Universal after having the Monet for some time. Although it was basic, the Monet forced me to get another Windows Mobile phone as I was instantly addicted to how much potential the operating system had - before then I could never really check emails, browse the internet or watch video without booting up my PC.
After the Universal came my much-adored Touch Pro, which I still use. I recently bought and fixed up a G1 so that I could branch out into the Android side of the site a little more, and I'm really enjoying tinkering with the system.
I wanted to become a news writer as I have always felt an urge to contribute to the community despite not having any technical knowledge (some of you might have seen me giving out dodgy advice around the forums ).
Having both phones should let me write articles about both Android and Windows Mobile, and I hope I can help if you want to get your story out on the front page.
15th September 2010, 09:21 AM   |  #8  
Flag NEW YORK
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Well done is better than well said.
23rd September 2010, 05:26 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 349

1,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe something to expand on....
Found a website that analyzes the value of other sites.

What is the Website Value of XDA-Developers.com

It seems that xda-developers.com is being valued at $13.28 Million. With 1.66 Million Pages and with a World Wide rank of 1,806. Compared to that: Htc.com is only worth $12.66 Million Google is ranked 1 worth $8 Billion and Microsoft on rank 19 worth $1 Billion.

http://bizinformation.org/us/www.xda-developers.com

A little side note, my Blog only ranks at 1.4 Million and is only worth 7800.- For Obvious reasons.
23rd September 2010, 06:10 PM   |  #10  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040

22,287 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for the information!
Not sure if we can write about that but I will find out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread