Froyo Orange

Tip us?

marmin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Froyo Orange

I know its been asked but the answers are very fragmented, so my question is:-

If I'm on Orange, and I've not rooted or unrooted or whatever, do I have to wait for the Desire update, then HTC to play, Then Orange to play?

If so how long is this gonna take from when the Froyo for Desire update is released?

Please dont drag this thread into a when is Froyo gonna be released debate as thats why I'm hvaing to create a new thread in the first place.

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmin View Post
I know its been asked but the answers are very fragmented, so my question is:-

If I'm on Orange, and I've not rooted or unrooted or whatever, do I have to wait for the Desire update, then HTC to play, Then Orange to play?

If so how long is this gonna take from when the Froyo for Desire update is released?

Please dont drag this thread into a when is Froyo gonna be released debate as thats why I'm hvaing to create a new thread in the first place.
as a rule HTC generally dont release there standard update in a region untill all of there branded roms are ready too atleast that was one of the reasons htc gave for the late hero eclair update

roscoe141
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am in exactly the same position as you. I have a unrooted, Ornage branded Desire and I really want Froyo asap.#

Will I get it OTA or will I have to wait for Orange or should I just de-brand and get it OTA?

I have no idea..

GANJDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe141 View Post
I am in exactly the same position as you. I have a unrooted, Ornage branded Desire and I really want Froyo asap.#

Will I get it OTA or will I have to wait for Orange or should I just de-brand and get it OTA?

I have no idea..
That makes no sense to me. All firmware updates are ota, regardless on branding. Non branded phones tend to get sent first. All depends what your carrier has added to the phone.

Prime example: T-Mobile delayed the initial release of Desires because they fecked up their phones with **** they added.

Sent from my Desire using XDA App
Current Devices:
Galaxy S II
Sony Tablet S
HTC Sensation
Xperia S

roscoe141
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANJDROID View Post
That makes no sense to me. All firmware updates are ota, regardless on branding. Non branded phones tend to get sent first. All depends what your carrier has added to the phone.

Prime example: T-Mobile delayed the initial release of Desires because they fecked up their phones with **** they added.

The point is, even if there is an Froyo OTA update for our phones I might not get mine as it's branded to Orange for another few months...

rockykabir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Here is a another thing - as I have an Orange Desire (no modifications - i.e. not flashed and no custom rom), can I unlock the phone from something like HTCCODE and update to Froyo using the official HTC OTA sometime this weekend?

.....but I'm guessing it's not as simple as that?

steve228uk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockykabir View Post
Here is a another thing - as I have an Orange Desire (no modifications - i.e. not flashed and no custom rom), can I unlock the phone from something like HTCCODE and update to Froyo using the official HTC OTA sometime this weekend?

.....but I'm guessing it's not as simple as that?
You'd only have to make a goldcard and flash with a WWE ROM. It'll take about 30 minutes all told.

Echinox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question what do you guys understand by branded Orange phone? My Orange Desire has an official HTC ROM if I'm not mistaking, when I open my phone it's load screen says HTC and I don't have any Orange menus or **** on it, it's only network lock. Now the real question will I get the update or not? THX.

GANJDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echinox View Post
Question what do you guys understand by branded Orange phone? My Orange Desire has an official HTC ROM if I'm not mistaking, when I open my phone it's load screen says HTC and I don't have any Orange menus or **** on it, it's only network lock. Now the real question will I get the update or not? THX.
1) Your phone isn't branded
2) Everyone will get the update.

Current Devices:
Galaxy S II
Sony Tablet S
HTC Sensation
Xperia S

langers1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
My phones locked to orange using a custom 2.1 Rom. Ive avoided changing to 2.2 as it is locked to orange so cant flash the radio. Does the OTA release upgrade the radio and as such will this activate the sim lock?