Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to disable finger scrolling

Tip us?

poutnik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question How to disable finger scrolling

Hey,

i'm trying to cook my own ROM using Ervius Kitchen.

I have HTC Touch Pro2 T7373.
As a base ROM i use newest 6.1 ROM from HTC ( _HTC Touch Pro2_RUU_Rhodium_HTC_WWE_EastEurope_1.19.401.1_Rad io_Rhodium_3.44.25.27_Signed_Ship ) with WM build 21048.

I like ROMs without any "finger" and "touch" options, i like to use stylus and only stylus. So after many tries I tried to disable all packages not in XIP, SYS and OEM categories (so all EXT packages), but finger scrolling still works. So can you help me to get rid of this please?

Thx for all answers and sorry for my bad english

forster
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Dont use finger, use stylus.
what is the problem?
Phone: HTC One X
Favorite Roms

poutnik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The problem is, that stylus is recognized as finger, so i cannot use some functions i would like to (for example it scrolls in Total commander instead of rectangle selection and so on)

forster
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutnik View Post
The problem is, that stylus is recognized as finger, so i cannot use some functions i would like to (for example it scrolls in Total commander instead of rectangle selection and so on)
Ok, I understand. You want to dissable "touch" in "touch screen", right?
Phone: HTC One X
Favorite Roms

poutnik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No, on older device (HTC Wizard) i got ROM without any TouchFLO and similar "finger apps". And then (when no app like this is active) i can use stylus to work fast and very accurately and use functions like rectagle selection, drag'n'drop and others, which are recognised as scrolling with those apps i want to turn off.

OndraSter
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Try HKCU\ControlPanel\Gestures\Touch
and setting Disabled to 1
Lumia 920 + 800 - Official WP AppHub developer

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Do you like my work? Buy me beer.
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!

poutnik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OndraSter View Post
Try HKCU\ControlPanel\Gestures\Touch
and setting Disabled to 1
Exactly what I needed. Thank you for your help and thank you, that you didn't discuss with me like with idiot like "someone else". *APPLAUSE*