Overheat shutdown lock? Defective?
When at the Chicago Blackhawks rally (outside, hot day), my phone apparently shutdown while in my pocket. I reached for it to take a photo, and realized that I could not turn the phone on. I immediately figured that I had activated some resource hogging app while in my pocket, but it seemed unlikely as the battery was mostly full last time I had looked at it. After fiddling with it for a bit, I decided to take the battery out and try to turn it back on. This worked, and the phone rebooted with almost 70% battery life left.
I ended up giving this phone to my wife as she wanted a white phone, and I went and got a red version. Yesterday, the same thing happened to the white phone again. The phone was in my wifes (black) purse, in the sun, while she was in the pool. She was unable to charge the phone or turn it on until she removed the battery.
I can only think that heat is a factor here. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this a "feature" to keep the phone from over heating? Possibly a defect? Unlike an iPhone, the MyTouch doesn't say anything about it shutting down from overheating when it reboots.
Also, I've never had a phone shut down from these relatively mild heat conditions. If it is heat related, this phone is rather temperamental in regards to over heating...