damn! i wonder if its down to a setting somewhere or a more serious issue that causes the other samsung phones to fail at this too.
not sure if you have but try it this way:
* turn bluetooth on
* run the app
* if this is your first run, hit Yes. Enable "WiiControllerIME". This is only needed once right after installation
* tap the first button and at the same time put your Wii remote in discovery mode by pressing "1" and "2" simultaneously
* wait for the "Connected" message to appear. The first LED will turn on on the Wii remote
* back in WiimoteController tap the second button and select WiiControllerIME
* done. The Wii remote is connected. Go play!
* if you want to connect more than one Wii remote, follow the same procedure, but put ALL the remotes to discovery mode
* to disconnect a single Wii remote, hold the power button on it
* to disconnect all Wii remotes, use the option from the menu or simply turn the phone's bluetooth off
* don't forget to set your favorite IME back or you won't be able to type (or check Preferences to find an option to do that automatically)
thats from the authors post on how to do it...