Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What next osKitchen feature would you want the most?
Internal search system 29 10.86%
Automatic localization 46 17.23%
Total integrity check 32 11.99%
Advanced file attribute management 7 2.62%
Internal ProvXML engine 16 5.99%
Batch ROM import 14 5.24%
EXT2 Package Replacement 8 3.00%
Advanced ROM versioning 17 6.37%
Manila management support 74 27.72%
Improved UPX support 9 3.37%
Kitchen distribution tools 15 5.62%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Vote the next osKitchen feature #1

OP airxtreme

21st June 2010, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 18

1,119 posts
  1. (Done, now present in 1.31) Internal search system (search file names and file contents, edit the text files directly from the kitchen or launch an external editor)
  2. Automatic localization (support for folder variables in initflashfiles.dat/app.dat to create entries valid for all languages (Done, now present in 1.31), using those variables during import to make ROM translation easier, automatic generation of new OEM_Lang_XXXX folders with a corrected initflashfiles.dat and renamed MUIs as soon as a compatible SYS is added, automatic fixing of all the packages' initflashfiles entries to match the new languages start menus, automatic package To CAB conversion to test all your packages on the phone (Done, now present in 1.32))
  3. (Done, now present in 1.32) Total integrity check (checking the validity of every REG file and app.dat file, checking for broken module folders, checking for invalid SYS/OEM/EXT packages to reduce the hard to track ROM building issues to minimum)
  4. Advanced file attribute management (setting the ROM file attributes according to the DSM file, adding an interface in dialog properties to change the DSM file list and applying file attributes automatically to the files that are not present in the DSM file list)
  5. Internal ProvXML engine (much more accurate CAB to EXT conversion, provxml to REG and APP.DAT conversion)
  6. Batch ROM import (adding long paths (up to 32000 characters) support to oskitchen to allow using the kitchen from any folder no matter where and adding a new internal tool that takes a folder of multilanguage ROMs of similar versions and builds a final Sources folder with all the localized files merged to start working on multilanguage ROMs much more easily)
  7. EXT2 Package Replacement (an EXT format replacement that supports MNGE modules (no more module folders around) and folders with conditional names (for resolution, language, device, windows mobile builds, etc.) to make multidevice packages much easier))
  8. Advanced ROM versioning (allow setting the version in the splash screen and in the RUU)
  9. (Done, now present in 1.31) Manila management support (deleting unneeded localized manila files while building, adding a whitelist-based manila files compression to improve manila speed and free space on the ROM)
  10. Improved UPX support (adding a file cache to remove the delays caused by the UPX compression during cooking process, switching UPX file selection to opt-in, UPXing all the files according to an online whitelist that can be updated/submitted from the kitchen)
  11. Kitchen distribution tools (generating a XML file to allow changing the kitchen titlebar/about/help entries, to automatically load a selected device profile and to add an additional customizable tools menu, adding a "Temporary OS.NB" shrinking tool and a SYS cleanup tool to delete unneeded resolutions and languages)
Last edited by airxtreme; 4th October 2010 at 03:51 PM.
21st June 2010, 09:20 AM   |  #2  
US, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 38

343 posts
More
I vote #9, then #5
21st June 2010, 09:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag Vienna, AUT
Thanks Meter: 68

319 posts
so many great ideas .. can't we have all of them?
i guess you will work out on them sooner or later
thanks for all you effort
21st June 2010, 10:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 210

940 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosedive

so many great ideas .. can't we have all of them?
i guess you will work out on them sooner or later
thanks for all you effort

Exactly what I was thinking I love all of these ideas I love the direction this kitchen is heading great work airextreme!
21st June 2010, 01:02 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dar-es-Salaam
Thanks Meter: 77

847 posts
Donate to Me
More
if possible i'd vote for all as well
oh well let the voting begin
21st June 2010, 11:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 14

229 posts
Donate to Me
More
"Manila management support" would be great!!
22nd June 2010, 02:05 AM   |  #7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 162

413 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you should include something to make different ROM Builds in one shot, to make all the .nbh files just by pushing the cook button once. (like a MaxSense version, CHT Version, Plain Version etc..) Also, an autimated compression + upload feature would be nice, too.
22nd June 2010, 04:34 AM   |  #8  
US, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 38

343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoROMchef

I think you should include something to make different ROM Builds in one shot, to make all the .nbh files just by pushing the cook button once. (like a MaxSense version, CHT Version, Plain Version etc..) Also, an autimated compression + upload feature would be nice, too.

Can it turn on my coffee maker in the morning as well?
22nd June 2010, 12:18 PM   |  #9  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dar-es-Salaam
Thanks Meter: 77

847 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999

Can it turn on my coffee maker in the morning as well?

then it would have to be called the easy automated kitchen
22nd June 2010, 02:25 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Near Albany NY
Thanks Meter: 5,491

5,811 posts
Donate to Me
I voted for deployment tools since I like control but would have also voted for integrity.

This seems like a better place to add other simple requests rather than in the kitchen thread here is a simple one

Add the full version number to "Help About".

I have 3 versions running and am current naming the folder to keep up with it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread