Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What next osKitchen feature would you want the most?
Internal search system 29 10.86%
Automatic localization 46 17.23%
Total integrity check 32 11.99%
Advanced file attribute management 7 2.62%
Internal ProvXML engine 16 5.99%
Batch ROM import 14 5.24%
EXT2 Package Replacement 8 3.00%
Advanced ROM versioning 17 6.37%
Manila management support 74 27.72%
Improved UPX support 9 3.37%
Kitchen distribution tools 15 5.62%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Vote the next osKitchen feature #1

Tip us?

airxtreme
Old
(Last edited by airxtreme; 4th October 2010 at 02:51 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Vote the next osKitchen feature #1

1. (Done, now present in 1.31) Internal search system (search file names and file contents, edit the text files directly from the kitchen or launch an external editor)
  2. Automatic localization (support for folder variables in initflashfiles.dat/app.dat to create entries valid for all languages (Done, now present in 1.31), using those variables during import to make ROM translation easier, automatic generation of new OEM_Lang_XXXX folders with a corrected initflashfiles.dat and renamed MUIs as soon as a compatible SYS is added, automatic fixing of all the packages' initflashfiles entries to match the new languages start menus, automatic package To CAB conversion to test all your packages on the phone (Done, now present in 1.32))
  3. (Done, now present in 1.32) Total integrity check (checking the validity of every REG file and app.dat file, checking for broken module folders, checking for invalid SYS/OEM/EXT packages to reduce the hard to track ROM building issues to minimum)
  4. Advanced file attribute management (setting the ROM file attributes according to the DSM file, adding an interface in dialog properties to change the DSM file list and applying file attributes automatically to the files that are not present in the DSM file list)
  5. Internal ProvXML engine (much more accurate CAB to EXT conversion, provxml to REG and APP.DAT conversion)
  6. Batch ROM import (adding long paths (up to 32000 characters) support to oskitchen to allow using the kitchen from any folder no matter where and adding a new internal tool that takes a folder of multilanguage ROMs of similar versions and builds a final Sources folder with all the localized files merged to start working on multilanguage ROMs much more easily)
  7. EXT2 Package Replacement (an EXT format replacement that supports MNGE modules (no more module folders around) and folders with conditional names (for resolution, language, device, windows mobile builds, etc.) to make multidevice packages much easier))
  8. Advanced ROM versioning (allow setting the version in the splash screen and in the RUU)
  9. (Done, now present in 1.31) Manila management support (deleting unneeded localized manila files while building, adding a whitelist-based manila files compression to improve manila speed and free space on the ROM)
  10. Improved UPX support (adding a file cache to remove the delays caused by the UPX compression during cooking process, switching UPX file selection to opt-in, UPXing all the files according to an online whitelist that can be updated/submitted from the kitchen)
  11. Kitchen distribution tools (generating a XML file to allow changing the kitchen titlebar/about/help entries, to automatically load a selected device profile and to add an additional customizable tools menu, adding a "Temporary OS.NB" shrinking tool and a SYS cleanup tool to delete unneeded resolutions and languages)

WoZZeR999
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I vote #9, then #5

nosedive
Old
Thanks Meter 68
so many great ideas .. can't we have all of them?
i guess you will work out on them sooner or later
thanks for all you effort

{SBR}_L3GION
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosedive View Post
so many great ideas .. can't we have all of them?
i guess you will work out on them sooner or later
thanks for all you effort
Exactly what I was thinking I love all of these ideas I love the direction this kitchen is heading great work airextreme!

jjblaster3
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
if possible i'd vote for all as well
oh well let the voting begin
click here if you'd like to donate

Nexus 4 (Mako)Previous devices:

BigwaveMx
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
"Manila management support" would be great!!

ThaDeanesta
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
I think you should include something to make different ROM Builds in one shot, to make all the .nbh files just by pushing the cook button once. (like a MaxSense version, CHT Version, Plain Version etc..) Also, an autimated compression + upload feature would be nice, too.

Have i Helped You? Donate 250MB without spending a penny, and get 2.25GB for yourself.
Retired Moderator

WoZZeR999
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoROMchef View Post
I think you should include something to make different ROM Builds in one shot, to make all the .nbh files just by pushing the cook button once. (like a MaxSense version, CHT Version, Plain Version etc..) Also, an autimated compression + upload feature would be nice, too.
Can it turn on my coffee maker in the morning as well?

jjblaster3
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Can it turn on my coffee maker in the morning as well?
then it would have to be called the easy automated kitchen
click here if you'd like to donate

Nexus 4 (Mako)Previous devices:

NilsP
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5491

DONATE TO ME
I voted for deployment tools since I like control but would have also voted for integrity.

This seems like a better place to add other simple requests rather than in the kitchen thread here is a simple one

Add the full version number to "Help About".

I have 3 versions running and am current naming the folder to keep up with it.
Couple of links:

My HTC Rezound ROM's: Here
My HTC Incredible ROM's: Here
My Personal Page: Here