Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Collection] Custom Boot Animations and Splash Screens

Tip us?
 
teh roxxorz
Old
#661  
teh roxxorz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2043
Posts: 8,065
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
]

I figure out how to install adb but it would not push for me. When I type in adb remount, it says adb remount not permitted or something. I keep getting read-only file system errors. adb shell brings up a $. It's ridiculous.
That is awkward. Are you s-off? Your phone is connected with USB debugging enabled? Also on charge only. And you navigated to the tools in the SDK folder via command prompt?
knowledge561 Old
#662  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
That is awkward. Are you s-off? Your phone is connected with USB debugging enabled? Also on charge only. And you navigated to the tools in the SDK folder via command prompt?
I was s-off. I even re-rooted my phone. Debugging, charge only, and adb is not in the tools folder for me, it's in platform-tools. How awkward is that huh!
 
teh roxxorz
Old
#663  
teh roxxorz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2043
Posts: 8,065
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
I was s-off. I even re-rooted my phone. Debugging, charge only, and adb is not in the tools folder for me, it's in platform-tools. How awkward is that huh!
That is awkward, but try the same thing, but change your path so it would be something like:

cd your directory/android folder/platforms

and just run adb from there; the folder where you run it from doesn't matter, you just need to know where it is.
knowledge561 Old
#664  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
That is awkward, but try the same thing, but change your path so it would be something like:

cd your directory/android folder/platforms

and just run adb from there; the folder where you run it from doesn't matter, you just need to know where it is.
It's even that, the system will not remount to to a writable system, it only comes up as read-only. I had to buy root explorer and move them through the sdcard because i can write to the system using that.
 
teh roxxorz
Old
#665  
teh roxxorz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2043
Posts: 8,065
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
It's even that, the system will not remount to to a writable system, it only comes up as read-only. I had to buy root explorer and move them through the sdcard because i can write to the system using that.
That really is awkward. But were you able to get it running smoothly?
knowledge561 Old
#666  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
That really is awkward. But were you able to get it running smoothly?
Yea I got the splash up and running, and also the custom boot animation and mp3. I guess I'll be using root explorer for my customize needs from now on.
 
teh roxxorz
Old
#667  
teh roxxorz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2043
Posts: 8,065
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
Yea I got the splash up and running, and also the custom boot animation and mp3. I guess I'll be using root explorer for my customize needs from now on.
Well I'm glad you got it working, one way or another. Also, how did you get your boot sound to work?
 
AbsolutZeroGI
Old
#668  
AbsolutZeroGI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 794
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: C-Bus
This thread is awesome, thanks for all the work!
Hi, you may remember me from such rolls as XDA News Writer (known formerly as PoorCollegeGuy).

Current Devices:
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3: Rooted, Jedi ROM
Nexus 7 (2012): Rooted, CM11 Nightlies
Nexus 4: Rooted, CM11 Nightlies
knowledge561 Old
#669  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
Well I'm glad you got it working, one way or another. Also, how did you get your boot sound to work?
Rename the sound file to SPC_animation_final.mp3 and move it to /system/customize/resource/ reboot your phone and it should be there.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
teh roxxorz
Old
(Last edited by teh roxxorz; 28th January 2011 at 05:20 PM.)
#670  
teh roxxorz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2043
Posts: 8,065
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
Rename the sound file to SPC_animation_final.mp3 and move it to /system/customize/resource/ reboot your phone and it should be there.
Thanks, I will give it a try.

I tried, but no sound for me, but its not the end of the world.

Tags
animations, boot animations, bootanimations, cyanogen, girly, kersplash, oooo...pretty!!!, pink, splash, splash screens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes