28th January 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #661  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,091

8,209 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge561

]

I figure out how to install adb but it would not push for me. When I type in adb remount, it says adb remount not permitted or something. I keep getting read-only file system errors. adb shell brings up a $. It's ridiculous.

That is awkward. Are you s-off? Your phone is connected with USB debugging enabled? Also on charge only. And you navigated to the tools in the SDK folder via command prompt?
knowledge561
28th January 2011, 03:51 PM   |  #662  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz

That is awkward. Are you s-off? Your phone is connected with USB debugging enabled? Also on charge only. And you navigated to the tools in the SDK folder via command prompt?

I was s-off. I even re-rooted my phone. Debugging, charge only, and adb is not in the tools folder for me, it's in platform-tools. How awkward is that huh!
28th January 2011, 03:54 PM   |  #663  
Recognized Contributor

8,209 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I was s-off. I even re-rooted my phone. Debugging, charge only, and adb is not in the tools folder for me, it's in platform-tools. How awkward is that huh!

That is awkward, but try the same thing, but change your path so it would be something like:

cd your directory/android folder/platforms

and just run adb from there; the folder where you run it from doesn't matter, you just need to know where it is.
knowledge561
28th January 2011, 04:02 PM   |  #664  

n/a posts
Quote:

That is awkward, but try the same thing, but change your path so it would be something like:

cd your directory/android folder/platforms

and just run adb from there; the folder where you run it from doesn't matter, you just need to know where it is.

It's even that, the system will not remount to to a writable system, it only comes up as read-only. I had to buy root explorer and move them through the sdcard because i can write to the system using that.
28th January 2011, 04:04 PM   |  #665  
Recognized Contributor

8,209 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

It's even that, the system will not remount to to a writable system, it only comes up as read-only. I had to buy root explorer and move them through the sdcard because i can write to the system using that.

That really is awkward. But were you able to get it running smoothly?
knowledge561
28th January 2011, 04:08 PM   |  #666  

n/a posts
Quote:

That really is awkward. But were you able to get it running smoothly?

Yea I got the splash up and running, and also the custom boot animation and mp3. I guess I'll be using root explorer for my customize needs from now on.
28th January 2011, 04:13 PM   |  #667  
Recognized Contributor

8,209 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Yea I got the splash up and running, and also the custom boot animation and mp3. I guess I'll be using root explorer for my customize needs from now on.

Well I'm glad you got it working, one way or another. Also, how did you get your boot sound to work?
28th January 2011, 04:16 PM   |  #668  
Flag C-Bus
Thanks Meter: 257

794 posts
More
This thread is awesome, thanks for all the work!
knowledge561
28th January 2011, 04:18 PM   |  #669  

n/a posts
Quote:

Well I'm glad you got it working, one way or another. Also, how did you get your boot sound to work?

Rename the sound file to SPC_animation_final.mp3 and move it to /system/customize/resource/ reboot your phone and it should be there.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2011, 04:33 PM   |  #670  
Recognized Contributor

8,209 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Rename the sound file to SPC_animation_final.mp3 and move it to /system/customize/resource/ reboot your phone and it should be there.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

I tried, but no sound for me, but its not the end of the world.
Last edited by teh roxxorz; 28th January 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
animations, boot animations, bootanimations, cyanogen, girly, kersplash, oooo...pretty!!!, pink, splash, splash screens
Previous Thread Next Thread