Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 51,436 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root happened!. Now thread closed

Tip us?

kajkac
Old
Thanks Meter 20
i know that a loot of people is waiting for this root so its better to wait a little bit more to get a tested stuff instead a bricked phone...

eviltuna
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigofd View Post
DON't ever think of following this instructions directly !!!
Haven't you read?? This post is mostly done by request of some of the people from this thread.
GSMTribune itself is stating that this should not be done by anyone, for now. It's mostly a proof-of-concept.
We should wait what do the other 'team' (Bin4ry etc) have to do about this.

I'm afraid more than one poor dumb will fall for the rush and proceed to this, without carefully reading, that is almost a safe brick method...
I wouldn't call it "proof-of-concept" as he didn't post any "proof" yet. As someone pointed out, if you look at his guide it says:

5. Boot into X10 Recovery (Power + Answer Key)

We don't have an answer key though. And how hard is it for him to post a pic of the X10 rooted when Binary posted a vid in like 5 secs after people requested it.

Britt78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltuna View Post
I wouldn't call it "proof-of-concept" as he didn't post any "proof" yet. As someone pointed out, if you look at his guide it says:

5. Boot into X10 Recovery (Power + Answer Key)

We don't have an answer key though. And how hard is it for him to post a pic of the X10 rooted when Binary posted a vid in like 5 secs after people requested it.

Yeah, I call bull. But on the other hand he also writes:
Quote:
my hand has been forced by another x10 hacker to post my incomplete rooting guide for the x10.
Could also be that he haven't come far at all in the rooting process and that's why he haven't posted any proof yet.

andy8271
Old
Thanks Meter 0
why have they wrote a guide and uploaded files that WILL brick peoples phones ?

all we wanted was a simple image showing root. yet there isnt one because he hasnt succeeded .

this whole thread has been turned to **** by this 'fake' root when it has no relation to binary and friends root and shouldnt even of been mentioned in this thread

shows how impatient some people are

Draken Korin
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 121
Mod. edit:
CLOSED on OP request.
Everything of importance has been said for now and we don't want it to go OT as another thread here did.
Keep your questions and post them when root has been released (and no, I have no idea when that will be).
Best, DK
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe