Mix and match tweakz = crazy fast Evo + great battery life
I had been tweaking my Evo for a week and came to a good solution.
I was trying to achieve the best speed with the best battery life.
HTC appz works and camera working also.
What tweak was used:
Compcache + JIT (no crash or reboot) after a week of use.
Removed HTC lock screen and use AWD Launcher Pro (disable HTC Sense)
Use 4G Widget and Flashlight Widget.
Use Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1
Use a static wallpaper
Fresh .03 as base and included the compcache and A2SD. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700448
Currently using Aloysius 3.0.2 rom as it is the same as Fresh .03 but with colors theme. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702361
JIT From Rom:
Remove HTC lock:
I use option 2 because I needs the alarm clock. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=lock+screen
Disable HTC Sense:
Use alternative launcher.
4G Widget. **Warning** 4G will be be enable each time after a reboot when using this appz. Make sure to turn it off with the widget. Using 4G drains the battery quick. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695056
Flashlight Widget: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=flashlight
I use AWD Launcher Pro, but any other launcher can be use as the home screen.
1) Make sure to nandroid your current ROM just incase you want to goes back to it.
2) Make a backup of your appz using Titanium Backup.
3) Make sure to wipe completely before flashing to Fresh .03 or Aloysius 3.0.2 ROM
4) Remove HTC lock screen and use a different type of launcher.
5) Use a static wallpaper.
6) Restore your appz with Titanium Backup
7) At this step, make a nandroid backup before installing JIT just incase soming went wrong during JIT installation.
8) Install JIT.
9) Configure the EVO to your liking and enjoy. (may reboot or force close during setup of some programs. after that, it was completely stable)
The first few usages of the Evo might result in reboot but after that it was great. I am currently using my Evo for a week now and it had not reboot or force close. The only things I notice is the increase in speed and battery life. All the appz launch quick and runs just as quick. The animation is very smooth. The HTC appz (such as dialer, texting, contacts) seems to works just as well. Overall, I am very satisfy with the result.
It goes to all the Developers whom had created the incredible roms and programs that makes it possible for this tweakz.