How to Flash MOTOROLA DROID to Cricket: 2.2 Froyo FULL apps,web,mms

Search This thread

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but i can't receive texts! Calling, and sending texts work, and so does data. Anyone have any idea or what rom i could try because if i use zeusdroid it does work!

That's interesting. Talk and text are usually easy. I'd check your settings in QPST/CDMA WS to make sure everything is done correctly. Sounds like it is though....

For the Droids I've been using CyanogenMod 6 or 7.

DexterFichuk

Jun 17, 2010
I think i have all the settings

For the last 7 months i've been stuck on zeusdroid and by now it's jsut horrible! It bugs up, is slow, and half the stuff doesn't work. I used Jamezelles sense based rom and he is done developing and it did work, so it has something to do with the roms but that one is still far from being able to use, and having an alpha rom as my stock rom for this long just hurts :( but if anyone anywhere has any idea of what the problem could be i'll try anything! Somebody told me before that maybe they need to add a feature code to my account but i don't know what that would be, but thank you!

DexterFichuk

Jun 17, 2010
MY phone actually isn't on cricket, i'm using it on a different provider called tbaytel and it's the only android phone on there cdma network at the time!

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Hey guys, just wanted you to know that a person I've been talking to has made a really helpful Android app for those trying to use the $45 plan.

It routes all the data through the proxy since it uses the code that u2nl and autostart provided. It sets up correct permissions and everything in just a couple of clicks (still called it a one click solution). You must have root access on your device just like you would need with u2nl and autostart.

You should always consider this over a proxy modification like the one built into the Android OS. 99 times out of 100 you will get better results.

http://www.mycricketforum.com/flash...-0-one-click-3g-internet-market-$45-plan.html

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Put at roaming file in the roam tab. This is usually caused when you try to read from the device and write again without selecting a PRL. At least when I've seen it come up that's why. Good luck.

huffpost

Aug 26, 2007
Problem making port

I have tried to make the port connection in HW vsp. I have tried many different ports, re-booting etc.

I have an a855 droid rooted with super one click. I have verified the root in terminal, started the phone with the T method for terminal mode, pinged the IP, flashed the cyanogen 6.0 rom. I have tried with two diff computers. I have al re-installed the drivers several times. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

huffpost

Aug 26, 2007
Assistance Needed Please

I have a fully flashed Moto Droid to cricket with the 42900 .prl. I have followed all the steps I have found everywhere and after finally more than a week I must ask for help. I have done everything according to the tutorials and still don't have mms or internet. I have voice and text and also a 3g indicator with a single flashing up arrow. The APN's are right and also I pushed the u2nl files to the correct locations. Still nothing. Running the newest cyanogen rom for the device (stable). Still not a thing. Any ideas? Wrong .PRL for southern Colorado maybe?

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have a fully flashed Moto Droid to cricket with the 42900 .prl. I have followed all the steps I have found everywhere and after finally more than a week I must ask for help. I have done everything according to the tutorials and still don't have mms or internet. I have voice and text and also a 3g indicator with a single flashing up arrow. The APN's are right and also I pushed the u2nl files to the correct locations. Still nothing. Running the newest cyanogen rom for the device (stable). Still not a thing. Any ideas? Wrong .PRL for southern Colorado maybe?

What plan are you on? Are your data settings sticking? You did send NV items via CDMA Workshop or their NV Reader/Sender application, right?

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
On the 55 android plan and was on the 45 plan with internet beforehand, neither made a diff. I did send the NV items and even set up the proxies just in case.

It is a common occurrence to be put on the wrong 55 dollar plan. There have been certain data problems with some ROMs.

Sorry if I don't get back to you. I overlook replies sometimes because I'm on my site.

Mesaman2012

Jun 13, 2012
Can all sprint and Verizon phones be flashed to cricket or only certain ones?and is it along process to flash a phone a phone or does it depend on which phone your flashing? Thanks in advance...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app

jayram1408

Mar 25, 2012
Denver
Flash Moto Droid to Cricket / Metro full apps, web,mms.

This is my attempt to recreate the solution from Howard Forums

i may have missed a few steps along the way but here it goes. as of 08/02/2010 - make directory now for 2.2 roms

FILES FOR FLASHING TO CRICKET (U2nl,PRL's,Autostart,SPRecovery,NV items)

Special thanks and credit should go to
SyZtyM (i recreated his thred for XDA)
gijoey1980
Tracphonejunkie
whiterabittorg
To0
Insaincain (For the nv items. You are a legend, and credit is due where credit is due**AS read from SyZtyM)
Admin (For all sites. PERIOD)

You will need:
1. CDMA WS 2.7 (google)
2.Harware Virtural Serial Port this is the demo good for 14days
3. Motorola A855 USB drivers (These are the 32bit Drivers)
4. Cyanogen Mod Rom from Rom Manager in market
5. SPRecovery
6&7.Autostart.sh & U2nl from whitrabbit.org (thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.
8.download Autostart (Root) from Market
9. NV items from http://www.whiterabbit.org/android (u must generate this uniquely with you mdn@mycricket.com i have included a generated xxx@mycricket.com.text for sample or to replace x's with you MDN

Step 1. First step is to make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer, and you also need to have Android SDK installed on your computer.

You will need to root the phone, key here is to make sure the kernel you load supports iptables.

Step 2. if you need to ROOT: follow the guide
than download Rom manager over wifi from MARKET, proceed to flash clockwork and download and install cyanogen 5.xx rom, and google apps..wipe data etc.

Step 2.1 if first fails. get RSD Lite 4.6 (google), Power on phone holding down the up arrow and pressing power, this will put you into bootloader mode.
Open RSD Lite 4.6
Flash the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite.
this should just flash the recovery if not download a rom like SMOKEDGLASS unzip and put in folder on SD named Nandroid

Once the phone is completely rebooted into rooted android, power it off.
alternately u can install BuglessBeast froyo v 02.1 from alldroid.org then skip to these steps below

Hold down “T” on the keypad and power on phone.

Plug into computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port (your drivers should install and connect etc)

In HWVS set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port 10 click connect. (For this tutorial we will use COM10)

Open CDMA WS 2.7 and (go to settings tab and deselect NV Enabled) then connect to COM10. if you dont deselect you will get PHONE FAILED ERRORS

On security tab send SPC 000000. (msg says phone accepts blah blah blah

Go to tab labeled “Other” and write prl. For Cricket EVDO, 6499(new service plan) and 38515 is recommended.

Go to NAM and enter MIN ex. 615-555-5593 (usually different from your actual phone# and MDN(your mobile number ex. 615-555-5551 and click write.

Goto “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items you got from here
for example you must generate the NV items by inputing your MDN(6155555551@mycricket.com). box opens telling you to save them as .txt and select them with cdma 2.7. (Thanks again to insanecain)

It should then say, 12 NV items were successfully written to phone.

Go to Main tab and click mode reset.

You can now close HWVS and CDMA WS and open cmd.exe on your computer.

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
select write to phone

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
cd c:\android\tools
adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb reboot

Now, once your phone has rebooted, you should have working web, mms, app, gps, and all. If you don’t go back and check all the steps to insure you did everything exactly right.

thanks everyone for reading.

i would also like to thank everyone who helped give back to the droid community by solving this, (I gave up and switched back to my eris for full support like a Beeach! which i bricked twice) im back on DROID baby

currently running BuglessBeast Froyo v 02.1 and the p3 1000 kernel.
quadrant score: 972

There are a few bad links in here if you could either please fix them or re-direct us to the file upload locations? Thank you.http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash Moto Droid to Cricket / Metro full apps, web,mms.

This is my attempt to recreate the solution from Howard Forums

i may have missed a few steps along the way but here it goes. as of 08/02/2010 - make directory now for 2.2 roms

FILES FOR FLASHING TO CRICKET (U2nl,PRL's,Autostart,SPRecovery,NV items)

Special thanks and credit should go to
    SyZtyM (i recreated his thred for XDA)
    gijoey1980
    Tracphonejunkie
    whiterabittorg
    To0
    Insaincain (For the nv items. You are a legend, and credit is due where credit is due**AS read from SyZtyM)
    Admin (For all sites. PERIOD)

You will need:
    1. CDMA WS 2.7 (google)
    2.Harware Virtural Serial Port this is the demo good for 14days
    3. Motorola A855 USB drivers (These are the 32bit Drivers)
    4. Cyanogen Mod Rom from Rom Manager in market
    5. SPRecovery
    6&7.Autostart.sh & U2nl from whitrabbit.org (thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.
    8.download Autostart (Root) from Market
    9. NV items from http://www.whiterabbit.org/android (u must generate this uniquely with you mdn@mycricket.com i have included a generated xxx@mycricket.com.text for sample or to replace x's with you MDN

Step 1. First step is to make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer, and you also need to have Android SDK installed on your computer.

You will need to root the phone, key here is to make sure the kernel you load supports iptables.

Step 2. if you need to ROOT: follow the guide
    than download Rom manager over wifi from MARKET, proceed to flash clockwork and download and install cyanogen 5.xx rom, and google apps..wipe data etc.

Step 2.1 if first fails. get RSD Lite 4.6 (google), Power on phone holding down the up arrow and pressing power, this will put you into bootloader mode.
    Open RSD Lite 4.6
    Flash the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite.
    this should just flash the recovery if not download a rom like SMOKEDGLASS unzip and put in folder on SD named Nandroid

Once the phone is completely rebooted into rooted android, power it off.
    alternately u can install BuglessBeast froyo v 02.1 from alldroid.org then skip to these steps below

Hold down “T” on the keypad and power on phone.

Plug into computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port (your drivers should install and connect etc)

In HWVS set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port 10 click connect. (For this tutorial we will use COM10)

Open CDMA WS 2.7 and (go to settings tab and deselect NV Enabled) then connect to COM10. if you dont deselect you will get PHONE FAILED ERRORS

On security tab send SPC 000000. (msg says phone accepts blah blah blah

Go to tab labeled “Other” and write prl. For Cricket EVDO, 6499(new service plan) and 38515 is recommended.

Go to NAM and enter MIN ex. 615-555-5593 (usually different from your actual phone# and MDN(your mobile number ex. 615-555-5551 and click write.

Goto “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items you got from here
    for example you must generate the NV items by inputing your MDN(6155555551@mycricket.com). box opens telling you to save them as .txt and select them with cdma 2.7. (Thanks again to insanecain)

It should then say, 12 NV items were successfully written to phone.

Go to Main tab and click mode reset.

You can now close HWVS and CDMA WS and open cmd.exe on your computer.

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
    select write to phone

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
    Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port 8080
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
    cd c:\android\tools
    adb shell
    mkdir /data/opt/
    exit
    adb remount
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
    Now:
    adb shell
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
    adb reboot

Now, once your phone has rebooted, you should have working web, mms, app, gps, and all. If you don’t go back and check all the steps to insure you did everything exactly right.

thanks everyone for reading.

i would also like to thank everyone who helped give back to the droid community by solving this, (I gave up and switched back to my eris for full support like a Beeach! which i bricked twice) im back on DROID baby

currently running BuglessBeast Froyo v 02.1 and the p3 1000 kernel.
    quadrant score: 972
    LOL I'm good to everyone. The Droid X is my current phone.

I'm running the stock rom even though I do want to try out Apex. I've been on Rubix before and it crashed every once and a while.

Had to do some downgrading and upgrading to get on 2.3.340, but that's all good now.

For some reason I'm having to use Handcent in order to send picture mails. That's about it...

PM me if you need anything.
    You do have root access right? I'm pretty sure to push to this area you need it.

Anyways you can install from sd card the Cricket version 10 file located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730289

That works well to get autostart and u2nl up and going.
    I have a question regarding the apn, I was using ultimate droid did the autostart thing changed the apn and data would work whenever it wanted I flashed bugless beast from rom manager and before I input the apn web was working fine, so are the apn settings for the 45 dollar plan or the android plan? Only thing I had to put was the mms settings, any input will be appreciated

When doing the APNs on a 55 dollar plan phone I don't put the proxy or port in the top section.

55 dollar plan config

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy <blank>
    Port <blank>
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310