FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Can't Boot Into Recovery

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By madflava54, Senior Member on 24th June 2010, 01:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Whenever I try to boot into recovery to install a ROM, it automatically does the HBoot. I don't have the option to go to Recovery. What did I do wrong?

24th June 2010, 03:27 AM |#2  
Flag Tacoma, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Sounds like you need to press the other volume button when you boot into recovery. I can't remember which one is correct...volume up or volume down...try the opposite of what you are doing now.
24th June 2010, 04:25 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can I delete the PC36IMG.zip file? I feel like that is the culprit.
24th June 2010, 04:55 AM |#4  
Flag Tacoma, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Yes. I renamed mine, but you can delete it.
24th June 2010, 03:35 PM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Walnutport, PA
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Yeah basically the bootloader will look for PC36IMG.zip every time you enter it so if it's there it will go through that process all over again. Either rename it or delete it and your problem will be solved.
25th June 2010, 04:23 AM |#6  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have flashed clockworkmod, but also dont see how to directly boot into it.

When I power-on, if I press down, it goes to hboot. It I press up, I think it goes to fastboot.

The only way I can get into it, is to use rom manager, or go hboot and then choose the recovery option.

Can someone tell me what the official buttons are?
25th June 2010, 06:28 AM |#7  
Flag Waynesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 15

More
You need to take the pc36img off your sd card or rename it. Then press volume down to recovery then power button. Will then boot to a black screen with a red triangle and a EVO in the background. Then run your batch file as admin from your Evo-Recovery file. You should now been in your Recovery Mode
25th June 2010, 03:24 PM |#8  
Flag Quad Cities
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Yes from HBoot you need to choose recovery (assuming you renamed pc36img). That is how I did it. Once you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, download ROM manager and flash the recovery from the app. Then use quickboot to boot to recovery if you need to. But installing custom ROMs from Rom Manager is easiest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread