I am working to port the main Android distribution for HTC devices, xdandroid to the XPERIA. The fix for the screen flip is now present in their source repository and hopefully the kernels will merge soon.
LATEST RELEASE: 27th September - mic mute fix
Fixes the mute mic in calls. Turns out I pulled the latest kernel sources at the wrong time
Complete package (72MiB)
Without system.ext2 (27MiB)
Thanks to Jonny4911 for the touchscreen calibration file
Known issues: Battery charging won't work if charger is not active at boot.
22nd September - kernel revision (page 147 onwards)
I am no longer distributing the system image as I no longer need to modify it.
* Get the kernel+haret etc. from here and then get the latest XDANDROID system image from the official thread
* Rename the system image you downloaded to system.ext2 and put it on your sdcard along with the kernel package
* As noted in the xdandroid thread, you will need to throw out your data.img this time around, due to having a signed release.
Seems to crash less!
Known issue: Voice calls are not working properly (mic not turned on)
21st August - Kernel update (page 117 onwards)
- Kernel from kovsky-battery-driver branch - standalone battery meter driver, migrated to official HTC touchscreen driver, BT turns on but may not work, kb backlight thanks to ultrashot+vdelf
- Clean system image from xdandroid 19/8 There is no LauncherPro in this image!
- Known bugs: Not as stable.
- Important: delete ts-calibration on your SDcard. You will be asked to calibrate the touchscreen on startup. Follow the onscreen instructions and not the squares as the calibration program does not know the screen is upside down
- Important: Back up your data.img as there is a very real chance you could lose it due to crash
with working ts-calibration and haret.exe (oops) thanks loco
Next release will be near the end of September, mkay? I've been busy elsewhere
9th August - System image update page 103 onwards
- Based on xdandroid RC2.1
- Removed Gallery3D and Music Mod, replaced with 2D Gallery and stock Music. (You can d/l Music Mod without screen size issues from the Market)
- Wireless tether now included (warning: burns more power than charger puts in)
- powertop now included for power usage debugging
- sdcard powersave fix now in default.txt
- fsck files purged on startup.
Previous releases are available from this page.
- Is there a Chinese language version?
Not yet. xdandroid has not built their images for non-latin locales it seems
- Will there be a ROM?
Not yet. Requires more work for the kernel and that is not my area.
- Will battery life be 'fixed'?
- Will Camera be fixed?
- Charging does not work
If your phone is very warm then it is probably consuming more power than the charger delivers. Otherwise, reboot and try again
- Market does not connect
Reboot, connect WiFi immediately (if you have it), try again
- <Android feature X> does not work
Look in the Rapahael, Blackstone and Diamond forums to see if this issue affects other devices first. It is a very low priority for me.
If it involves Google accounts (i.e sync) I won't investigate.. we are lucky it works in the first place.
- Speaker still seems to be on
Fixed in development, but I haven't released an updated kernel yet.
- <I have a power saving idea involving speakers, GPS or something>
The cause of our battery life crapness is some driver bugs preventing the use of a proper sleep mode. Nothing else.