Problem with charging cable

OP herghost

25th June 2010, 12:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 21

122 posts
More
Hi all, anyone else having problems with their charging cable? Basically mine no longer goes into my desire! I've compared my cable to my partners and it looks like the 2 locking pins on mine are stuck in the lock position, like the cable is plugged into the phone. I just can't seem to get them to release! I can't push the cable into the phone as these little pins must click into little grooves or something that possible shuts a latch that holds the cable in place. My girlfriends cable goes in fine though, so at least I can still charge it. Has anyone got an idea on how to sort my cable?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
25th June 2010, 01:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
the htc charging cable is sh*t quality imo, My phone fell off my desk while it was charging and it stopped working aftestill r that. Thankfully, nokia uses the same usb cable when I was using the e71. Their's is much more sturdier. My desire has fallen from my desk a few times now and it's still good to go. I'd try and get a nokia usb cable if you're looking for a new one. Just my 2 cents. =)
25th June 2010, 12:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Valkeakoski
Thanks Meter: 15

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew4936

the htc charging cable is sh*t quality imo, My phone fell off my desk while it was charging and it stopped working aftestill r that. Thankfully, nokia uses the same usb cable when I was using the e71. Their's is much more sturdier. My desire has fallen from my desk a few times now and it's still good to go. I'd try and get a nokia usb cable if you're looking for a new one. Just my 2 cents. =)

Are you saying that HTC cable is bad if u drop your phone to floor a lot?
Is this USB cable only thing that keeps your phone on your desk?
25th June 2010, 12:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 83

987 posts
Donate to Me
More
MicroUSB cables are cheap to come by So a replacement isn't exactly going to cost a bomb.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread