Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with charging cable

Tip us?

herghost
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Problem with charging cable

Hi all, anyone else having problems with their charging cable? Basically mine no longer goes into my desire! I've compared my cable to my partners and it looks like the 2 locking pins on mine are stuck in the lock position, like the cable is plugged into the phone. I just can't seem to get them to release! I can't push the cable into the phone as these little pins must click into little grooves or something that possible shuts a latch that holds the cable in place. My girlfriends cable goes in fine though, so at least I can still charge it. Has anyone got an idea on how to sort my cable?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Current Phone : Nexus 5
Current Tab: Nexus 7(grouper)

- Appear to have turned into a google fan boi!

ew4936
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the htc charging cable is sh*t quality imo, My phone fell off my desk while it was charging and it stopped working aftestill r that. Thankfully, nokia uses the same usb cable when I was using the e71. Their's is much more sturdier. My desire has fallen from my desk a few times now and it's still good to go. I'd try and get a nokia usb cable if you're looking for a new one. Just my 2 cents. =)

Xinot
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew4936 View Post
the htc charging cable is sh*t quality imo, My phone fell off my desk while it was charging and it stopped working aftestill r that. Thankfully, nokia uses the same usb cable when I was using the e71. Their's is much more sturdier. My desire has fallen from my desk a few times now and it's still good to go. I'd try and get a nokia usb cable if you're looking for a new one. Just my 2 cents. =)
Are you saying that HTC cable is bad if u drop your phone to floor a lot?
Is this USB cable only thing that keeps your phone on your desk?
Nokia N9 64Gb - My primary weapon
HTC Desire - sold
HTC Legend - tweaking machine

dnlgee
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
MicroUSB cables are cheap to come by So a replacement isn't exactly going to cost a bomb.