Need some ROM advice for fixing my phone

OP dusdus

25th June 2010, 09:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

243 posts
Hi all,

I've never had so many troubles with a phone before and have tried a lot of roms to solve it, but nothing seems to work. I'm pretty much desperate now.

After some custom roms I've been using the 1.4x stock rom and the 1.66 stock rom, thinking going back to basic should solve the problems, but I guess these are even worse.

The problems I have encountered so far:
- Sending SMS, or better: NOT sending SMS. Typing more than 2 pages makes HTC Messaging go nuts: it'll only send one or maybe three letters

- Slowness: sometimes, when I push the send button twice for a call back to the latest person who called me, it'll take about 15 seconds before it responds. In the meantime I can't do anything

- Not responding after locking while playing streaming audio or video. I can't unlock or do anything, I need to remove the battery to restart.

- (minor) Twitter-tab says I don't have a working internetconnection, which is incorrect.

Questions:
1. So far I've used WM 6.5 and not 6.5.x, because I don't like the huge buttons on the bottom of the screen. Should I try and use one of those roms?

2. What's the best way to revert to an optimal clean phone before flashing it again? T29 and hard reset?

3. A lot of roms are ( I guess) a bit experimental. Are there any roms without anything fancy but more stable than the stock roms?

(added) 4. Maybe I'm using the wrong HSPL? When do I need HSPL2 and then the old HSPL?

(added) 5. Or maybe the wrong radio?

Please help me out here, I really want to use this phone...
Last edited by dusdus; 25th June 2010 at 09:12 AM.
25th June 2010, 09:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 138

1,522 posts
Sounds like a dodgy handset.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread