Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quickdesk Beta

Tip us?

brunswick000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Quickdesk Beta

Has anyone gotten this app to work on their X10?? I have searched and searched and can't find any info on compatibility as far as OS 1.6 is concerned. I just can't seem to get it to work. Reviews on it are all pretty good so id like to make it happen. Im using Helix Launcher as well if it matters.

brunswick000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Ive also just tried to use it with ADW Launcher that is listed in this forum. I cannot get this thing to work

saltorio
Old
Thanks Meter 65
The app runs fine on my X10... which is to say once I went through the first configuration I could launch the app manually by selecting it in the app drawer.

However , I can't get it to launch off any of the hardware keys using press, double-press, nor press-hold. I'm using ADW.Launcher, so that may have to do with it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900W8) || Android 4.4.2 || Kernel: 3.4.0-859721 || Stock Rogers
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
|| Android 4.1.2 || Kernel: 3.0.31 || Android Revolution HD 10.0
Samsung Galaxy Gear (V700)
|| Software V700XXUCNF1

raiderkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Make QuickDesk default Home.

Christrumentalist
Old
Thanks Meter 8
ive been having the same problem. will post if i can figure out how to get it working.

saltorio
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I got it working eventually (not sure what I did differently from before). You have to clear your launcher default, then select QuickDesk as your default launcher, and within it's settings specify the actual launcher you want to use.

I ended up uninstalling it though. Between using Quick Settings for managing all my toggles, and the black screen delay between pressing the home button and actually having the home screen display under QuickDesk, I wasn't all that impressed.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900W8) || Android 4.4.2 || Kernel: 3.4.0-859721 || Stock Rogers
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
|| Android 4.1.2 || Kernel: 3.0.31 || Android Revolution HD 10.0
Samsung Galaxy Gear (V700)
|| Software V700XXUCNF1

ChEnG Fu
Old
(Last edited by ChEnG Fu; 13th October 2010 at 03:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunswick000 View Post
Has anyone gotten this app to work on their X10?? I have searched and searched and can't find any info on compatibility as far as OS 1.6 is concerned. I just can't seem to get it to work. Reviews on it are all pretty good so id like to make it happen. Im using Helix Launcher as well if it matters.
If you are facing difficulties setting up QuickDesk on your phone, here a guide for you, http://droidbar.net/2010/09/quickdesk-setup-guide/

QuickDesk works fine with both LauncherPro and ADW.Launcher.