FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Custom roms are slooooooooooooooooow.....

Thanks Meter: 717
 
By abadasstanker69, Senior Member on 25th June 2010, 11:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th June 2010, 05:46 AM |#101  
distantneighbor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigupurself7

I don't think you are ready for custom roms! I am sure you did not do it right if it is running slow. Spend some time reading before you jump in like the rest of us had to do.


 
 
26th June 2010, 06:01 AM |#102  
Irisht's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Where's the love for Regaw?!
Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.
26th June 2010, 02:05 PM |#103  
abadasstanker69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, Az
Thanks Meter: 717
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisht

Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.

Looks pretty enough. I'm still using the one I was recommended to me here and after getting it done right I must say that it is indeed awesome. I reduced the clock speed to the stock speed and attempted to use the phone.....dramatic difference. I love this phone now! lol
26th June 2010, 11:22 PM |#104  
tennockey's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
agreed that custom roms are slow for now
im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.
26th June 2010, 11:54 PM |#105  
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennockey

im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.

what version recovery are u using??? we can start there..
27th June 2010, 12:19 AM |#106  
abadasstanker69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, Az
Thanks Meter: 717
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennockey

im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.

Do you have the sprint stock rom with the update? If so you need to follow the directions in the thread I posted earlier. You need to downgrade then root.

The recovery that is included in that post will allow you to wipe and wipe dalvick. The ext is a partition on your SD card that needs to be set up using the recovery as well.

Since I followed the directions in this forum I'm totally satisfied. I will try to help as much as I can
27th June 2010, 07:51 PM |#107  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisht

Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.

http://www.4shared.com/file/NOHnsZWV...HoneyOCv3.html

Flash this kernal to OC RegawMOD, it works perfectly fine up to 768.
27th June 2010, 09:46 PM |#108  
Irisht's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro_genesis

http://www.4shared.com/file/NOHnsZWV...HoneyOCv3.html

Flash this kernal to OC RegawMOD, it works perfectly fine up to 768.

Ill give it a shot and report back... Thanks!
28th June 2010, 01:36 AM |#109  
jerry43812's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
Regaw 2.1 is beasty for me. Works perfect, smooth, and barely ever have to reboot.

my toes typed this on my heroc
28th June 2010, 05:04 AM |#110  
abadasstanker69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, Az
Thanks Meter: 717
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry43812

Regaw 2.1 is beasty for me. Works perfect, smooth, and barely ever have to reboot.

my toes typed this on my heroc

I'm still using the damage control rom with the OC'ed kernal. I love it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes