Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom roms are slooooooooooooooooow.....

Tip us?

distantneighbor
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigupurself7 View Post
I don't think you are ready for custom roms! I am sure you did not do it right if it is running slow. Spend some time reading before you jump in like the rest of us had to do.

Irisht
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Default Where's the love for Regaw?!

Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.
LG G2

"confucius say smart man use search to find answer, dumb man ask question to something already answered"

abadasstanker69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisht View Post
Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.
Looks pretty enough. I'm still using the one I was recommended to me here and after getting it done right I must say that it is indeed awesome. I reduced the clock speed to the stock speed and attempted to use the phone.....dramatic difference. I love this phone now! lol

tennockey
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default agreed that custom roms are slow for now

im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.

bk718
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennockey View Post
im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.
what version recovery are u using??? we can start there..

abadasstanker69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennockey View Post
Do you have the sprint stock rom with the update? If so you need to follow the directions in the thread I posted earlier. You need to downgrade then root.

The recovery that is included in that post will allow you to wipe and wipe dalvick. The ext is a partition on your SD card that needs to be set up using the recovery as well.

Since I followed the directions in this forum I'm totally satisfied. I will try to help as much as I can

neuro_genesis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisht View Post
Lol,

http://www.4shared.com/file/NOHnsZWV...HoneyOCv3.html

Flash this kernal to OC RegawMOD, it works perfectly fine up to 768.

Irisht
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro_genesis View Post
http://www.4shared.com/file/NOHnsZWV...HoneyOCv3.html

Flash this kernal to OC RegawMOD, it works perfectly fine up to 768.
Ill give it a shot and report back... Thanks!
LG G2

"confucius say smart man use search to find answer, dumb man ask question to something already answered"

jerry43812
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Regaw 2.1 is beasty for me. Works perfect, smooth, and barely ever have to reboot.

my toes typed this on my heroc

Android Modifications
Android Tablet Applications
- the largest tablet app source online!

abadasstanker69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry43812 View Post
Regaw 2.1 is beasty for me. Works perfect, smooth, and barely ever have to reboot.

my toes typed this on my heroc
I'm still using the damage control rom with the OC'ed kernal. I love it!