XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus one Froze, Vibrates 7 Times, Wont Boot

Tip us?

Ahanix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Unhappy Nexus one Froze, Vibrates 7 Times, Wont Boot

So my nexus one froze today, and now whenever I pull the battery and put it back in, it will vibrate 7 times and wont boot. Is it bricked, or what can I do to fix this?

Thanks

jersey_609
Old
Thanks Meter 21
What were u doin when this happened and what does the boot animation come up

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Ahanix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I opened up the navigation app and it froze. Puller the battery and had that problem. I then decided to pull the battery, press the power button a few times to discharge the phone and it booted back up. So hopefully it wont happen again

waylo
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Same thing happened to me. I was experimenting with an undervolted kernel which up until then had been behaving well. Received a bunch of texts and notifications simultaneously. By the time I got to my phone, it had gone to sleep. I was able to power on, but the screen was completely unresponsive. The powering on was also very delayed. I couldn't shutdown with the power button so I pulled the battery.

It could only do a 7-vibrate boot/freeze every single time I pulled the battery and replaced it. Finally, with the above advice, I left it out for several minutes, hit the power button a few times, then replaced the battery and got it to finally boot.

Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
[ROM] Wicked v5.1
[Recovery] TWRP 2.5.0.2
------------
Galaxy Nexus GSM
[ROM] XenonHD vXVIII
[Build] JZO54K 4.1.2
[Kernel] Leankernel 4.7exp2-180/interactive/deadline
[Recovery] TWRP 2.3.3.0
[Radio] I9250XXLF1
[Bootloader] PRIMELC03
------------
HP Touchpad 32gb
[ROM] Jcsullins 7/14/13 build with battery fix
The Following User Says Thank You to waylo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicowagner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This happened to me today too, I took out my SD and it booted up just fine after that..not sure what happened. I checked my SD for errors but it didn't have any and had no problems after I put it back in.

SiL3nTKiLL
Old
Thanks Meter 67
hmm havent faced these errors yet, have u modded the rom at all?
Phones:
1. Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
2. iPhone 4S
Tabs:
Apple iPad 2
Galaxy Tab 10.1

behelit
Old
(Last edited by behelit; 21st July 2010 at 07:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
mine just did it now when i changed the sd card.
taking the card out doesn't help.
i'm guessing it thinks the battery is flat or something similar, will try charging.

edit: just kept trying and it eventually worked.

alexxed
Old
(Last edited by alexxed; 7th August 2010 at 12:25 PM.) Reason: added how did it happen
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem, hitting the power button does nothing, I leave the battery out for ~ 5 minutes and eventually get a fastboot screen and 7 times vibrate, but no control, power button, volume and trackball not working. I have to pull the battery out, wait another 5 minutes or so and try again.

Does anyone have a clue about what that 7 times vibrate means? sounds like an error code.

If after have pulled out the battery for 5 minutes I keep pressed the volume down and the power, I eventually have a fastboot working screen, but choosing recovery from the menu takes me back to the fastboot screen with 7 times vibrate. Taking the card out or the sim does not make a difference.

How did I get here: Was using Cyanogen 2.2, rooted, screen froze one day, pulled the battery out and here I am.

Tried to do a reset with volume down and power, it freezed during the procedure and now it won't boot at all.

alexxed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still able just to start in fastboot. Recovery and clear storage do nothing useful. Booting normally gives me the nexus logo for a while and then the screen blanks after a few seconds.

I can do fastboot flash boot, but I can't do fastboot flash system, it just says sending and that's it:

Code:
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot erase cache
erasing 'cache'... OKAY
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot flash boot Passion\ Google\ WWE\ 1.01.1700.1_ERD79/boot.img 
sending 'boot' (2044 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot flash system Passion\ Google\ WWE\ 1.01.1700.1_ERD79/system.img 
sending 'system' (116663 KB)...

Any ideas anyone ?

Vakman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxed View Post
I'm still able just to start in fastboot. Recovery and clear storage do nothing useful. Booting normally gives me the nexus logo for a while and then the screen blanks after a few seconds.

I can do fastboot flash boot, but I can't do fastboot flash system, it just says sending and that's it:

Code:
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot erase cache
erasing 'cache'... OKAY
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot flash boot Passion\ Google\ WWE\ 1.01.1700.1_ERD79/boot.img 
sending 'boot' (2044 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY
[root@ds1 apps]# ./fastboot flash system Passion\ Google\ WWE\ 1.01.1700.1_ERD79/system.img 
sending 'system' (116663 KB)...

Any ideas anyone ?
Since you said you were using CyanogenMod, I will assume you are using CM6 RC2 not that it matters now. So you are running a custom recovery right? Try to wipe everything, data, cache, and the dalvik cache. Then flash a different ROM, either stock or any other really to see if that helps.
Please consider following me on Twitter: @TheVakman
My Sites: TerminalStandard, Gadgico, Drinkico