[GUIDE] Pattern Unlock with Exchange Server Security Policy for 2.1 & 2.2
This actually maybe more of a bug than a setting.
1) Do not setup your exchange account settings yet
2) go to menu > setting > security and set a screen unlock pattern
3) set up your exchange account settings and sync
3a) if your server security requires a pin unlock it will ask you now
3b) go ahead and setup a pin
4) now you'll notice when you turn on the screen you have to swipe down with the htc lock screen then a pin then a pattern unlock.
5) install lockpicker
and disable the exchange screen password requirement
6) Now you will swipe down then do the pattern unlock
I hated typing in a pin every time i used my phone when i was on WM and find this is a decent alternative.
To change your lock pattern once you have everything set:
"to reset the unlock pattern, simply enter the wrong pattern 5 times, and then login with your google account. As soon as you've done that, then you are prompted for a new pattern." -- kitstable (Thanks!)
Also here's a nice widget to toggle your lock pattern
Hope it helps.
Updates for 2.2:
Look at this thread here:
Follow the instructions as you will have to run the script to edit the mail.apk or email.apk depending on whether you are using ASOP or Sense client.
I am running this using the vael rom and it works very well.