App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

'Get more HTC Widgets', for those unable to install.(testkeys & releasekeys versions)

26th June 2010, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

430 posts
Some of us have had problems downloading the 8 widgets avaliable in the "Get more HTC widgets" option in 2.1 roms, either not giving us an error message saying unavailable or something, or (if your using a testkeys roms, such as those using friend stream), you can see what widgets are avaliable, hit the download button, and it gives you an error saying unable to install.

I downloaded and installed all the widgets using a release keys roms, pulled them from the rom and uploaded them so if you are having any problems you may simply install them from SDcard using a file manager.

I have also included a second version, of the same widgets just re-signed with test keys, so you may use them on roms that have been resigned to get custom apps(such as friendstream to work)

enjoy!

1. Download the appropriate APKS for your rom
2. Unzip to SDcard
3. Install any of the widgets you want using file manager of your choice! (astro, Es file explorer, etc)
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcwidgets_testkeys.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.24 MB, 327 views)
File Type: zip htcwidgets_releasekeys.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.24 MB, 292 views)
27th June 2010, 03:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

839 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for these ZIP files! Finally I can see if I am actually missing out on anything!
27th June 2010, 03:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

430 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry43812

Thanks for these ZIP files! Finally I can see if I am actually missing out on anything!

IMHO, your not, besides maybe the profile widget, btw some of these(i don't know all of which right off) even work on NON sense roms, so long as your non sense rom is a test keys rom. I installed the profile widget on Darchdroid 2.7 with no issues!
27th June 2010, 07:34 AM   |  #4  
Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 3

179 posts
More
hey thanks for this! Needed it seeing as I couldnt download them on DC.
I like the coin, profile, and the note widget.
28th June 2010, 12:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chesapeake, VA

223 posts
Donate to Me
More
I really like the battery widget, simple and not too big.
28th June 2010, 01:37 AM   |  #6  

839 posts
Donate to Me
More
I honestly didn't think I was missing anything, but its a beautiful thing to have something available to me that was not available before. I am sure nobody can argue that point. Woo hoo !

my toes typed this on my heroc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread