5,593,293 Members 33,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[prj][XDANDROID][AOSP][FROYO|GINGERBREAD][31.03]SYSTEM UPDATES

Tip us?

chrialex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Install Clocksync from market (its free), keeps it up-to-date.
USCC Hero S
USCC HTC Desire
USCC RAPH800

Sherri1023
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
Install Clocksync from market (its free), keeps it up-to-date.
Thanks for the advice.

waterproof125
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ptr View Post
All in all the phone was running for 30+ hours without screaming for a charger.
It might be worth mentioning that I'm not using OC and have Task Manager running with auto kill.
As far as I can tell, the .conf file seems to have an effect on the power usage.

I've been following the thread since the RC1 release and don't remember this being mentioned before. Am I wrong?

I've just started testing with the following setup:
-FRX03 system
-11/8 rootfs
-11/11 glemsom kernel

Sorry for the minor novel btw.
30 HOURS?! That's insane! I'll definitely have to try this. How only one other person was interested in this is beyond me. When you said the default .conf, is that the one that is in the conf folder originally? instead of overwriting it with the one in the diamond folder?

I'm assuming you have a diamond if you use the conf in diamond folder. This kinda sounds too good to be true man, as far a I know there aren't major changes between the two, and even if there were then shouldn't all non-diamond users be getting 30 hours? are you sure data was actually on during this trial? (besides the little icon appearing at the top)

I'll try a clean install of FRX03 with the original conf and report the experience, heckuva job guys OTA updates?! sickkkkkkkkk

ps. what's up with this sherri individual?
HTC Touch DIAM500 (Telus) + Original Windows 6.1 ROM

Sherri1023
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof125 View Post
30 HOURS?! That's insane! I'll definitely have to try this. How only one other person was interested in this is beyond me. When you said the default .conf, is that the one that is in the conf folder originally? instead of overwriting it with the one in the diamond folder?

I'm assuming you have a diamond if you use the conf in diamond folder. This kinda sounds too good to be true man, as far a I know there aren't major changes between the two, and even if there were then shouldn't all non-diamond users be getting 30 hours? are you sure data was actually on during this trial? (besides the little icon appearing at the top)

I'll try a clean install of FRX03 with the original conf and report the experience, heckuva job guys OTA updates?! sickkkkkkkkk

ps. what's up with this sherri individual?
hmm?Nothing up with me just mad at arrregg and his rudeness.

babijoee
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Fixed download link
thanks R^7z for pm and preggy

| TOUCHPRO | NEXUS ONE | DESIRE HD | GALAXY S III | GALAXY NEXUS | GALAXY S III 4G | SONY XPERIA Z |

Sherri1023
Old
(Last edited by Sherri1023; 21st November 2010 at 02:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee View Post
Fixed download link
thanks R^7z for pm and preggy
I had found a fix that would fix the random shutoffs that happens in our builds just making sure it works before i give out any more info about it.I had also found another app that would give optimize the battery and give you better info on how much battery life you have and it adds other root features to help improve performance and the battery life as well so check back shortly.

At this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=830836

vaughnmr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri1023 View Post
This happens because Windows Mobile is in sleep mode causing everything to stop while you are running Android. Then when you boot back to WM everything works again.
LMAO!!!!!!!

No... it's the Twilight Zone time change.

waterproof125
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I really have no clue what I'm doing wrong, I copied all of the newest files onto my SD as per usual, got the right files and the correct startup, and the update-FRX03.zip has been renamed to update.zip

BUT...

I get a little android and a yield type sign (and a loading bar for a few seconds) in the center of my screen after it runs for a bit but before the calib screen and the phone seems to freeze. I assumed this was the freezing that was supposed to happen after the update so I restarted the phone and booted haret again and after running though all of the code, it does the same thing.

Pressing the home button makes text appear on the screen stating that it is in Android system recovery, giving the message:

Code:
E:Can't find MISC :
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /sdcard/update.zip
Installation aborted.
um help?
I've already tried deleting the data.img
Is a existent data.img needed to run the updater?

cheers
HTC Touch DIAM500 (Telus) + Original Windows 6.1 ROM

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3097

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof125 View Post
um help?
I've already tried deleting the data.img
Is a existent data.img needed to run the updater?
Sounds like the update failed... in that case, download the full system image and replace that file with your existing system.ext2 file. Rename it to match - also, delete your update.zip. For good measure, start with a new data.img again and you should be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri1023 View Post
hmm?Nothing up with me just mad at arrregg and his rudeness.
I might be rude, but I certainly don't lie and spread false rumors. I'm done talking about it like this - simply do this for me.

Don't post unless you are asking a question that hasn't been asked before, or you have a helpful suggestion like you just posted earlier. Don't answer questions if you don't know the answer, and do NOT spread false rumors about viruses or any other such nonsense.

danbutter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by colo-natas View Post
This doesn't work for me, either.
Have you tried using an alternate browser? It just occurred to me I have only been using the default browser on the phone.
I have tried as many alternate browsers as I could and same thing...single frame only.