Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy

Is it possible that the fathom update could be a cab file? so far I have this -
URL: /swdata/WEBSW/LGVS750/AVRZDB/VS750ZV5_06/VS750ZV5_06.SV5_06.P58006.R5.cab

Edit:
link here - http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata....P58006.R5.cab

Is this whats needed? Not trying to push for an answer, just updating and asking...

This doesn't appear to be a real cab file....not one that anything I've got recognizes anyways

Windows explorer opened it when others couldn't

At 130 megs it probably is what we're after, just in a new (to me at least) format. Did you try flashing it?

Running "strings" against it the first few turned up are
These are the contents of the cab file

VS750ZV5_06.SV5_06.P58006.R5.wdb
VS750_W_1_0_7_0.dll
VS750ZV5_06.SV5_06.P58006.R5.wdh

the wdh/wdb are not extensions I'm familiar with and I'd be more than a bit surprised if it was a ms works database. I'll try and take a closer look at the file later today if nobody else has by then.

Edit: Apparently that's the same packaging the vs740 came in. From what I could find, people hadn't been able to find tools to successfully unpack the wdb.
Going through the flashing process should leave a .bin file in the usual lgmobileax location, not clear whether that's something we can unpack with existing tools either.
Last edited by xdapants; 5th August 2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: updated info
6th August 2010, 12:01 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 218

689 posts
Hey there da_reeseboy. Great find on the firmware. Once quick question though that may help me get past where I am stuck extracting the firmware. What is the firmware version that is running on your fathom. If your not sure where to look, got to start menu/Settings/System/System Info and click on the plus box next to Version Info. What does it say after ROM?
6th August 2010, 02:11 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 129

553 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781

Hey there da_reeseboy. Great find on the firmware. Once quick question though that may help me get past where I am stuck extracting the firmware. What is the firmware version that is running on your fathom. If your not sure where to look, got to start menu/Settings/System/System Info and click on the plus box next to Version Info. What does it say after ROM?

I don't have a version info with a plus sign next to it but under software version it says VS750ZV4
7th August 2010, 04:59 AM   |  #14  

689 posts
Thanks da_reeseboy. I see that that is an older version than the cab from the updater program. I haven't had any success extracting the files. If someone with a fathom is willing to try this we may be able to get the rom. We would need someone to attempt to flash their phone to the new firmware. To do this run the updater program and connect your phone to your computer. Next, make sure you have an activesync connection and start update. It should place the phone in emergency download mode. The update program should start running, will detect your phone, download the new firmware and start loading it to your phone. This is where you will need to search for the rom. In win xp go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone

in win7:

C:\Users\All Users\LGMOBILEAX\Phone

The rom should be in that folder. Just simply copy it somewhere so that you have a copy of it after exiting the updater since the updater deletes the file after completion. After that we would just need you to upload the rom to a free file sever and post the link for someone to download.
7th August 2010, 05:17 AM   |  #15  

553 posts
I'll be happy to try it in the morning with some coffee lol. I'll post my findings.

Edit: Do we want to try to pull the current version on my phone first before flashing the update? Just as something to compare to?
7th August 2010, 05:52 PM   |  #16  

553 posts
just an update - I dumped the stock rom, then tried to do the update but my computer is saying that it can't connect to the com port. I'm gonna try it on my laptop when I get back home (family was hungry so we went to get food). does anyone know if the update tool has an issue with win7 64 bit vs 32 bit?

Edit: home now, started update on my laptop - its working great so there must be an issue with 64 bit...
Last edited by da_reeseboy; 7th August 2010 at 07:03 PM.
7th August 2010, 07:24 PM   |  #17  

553 posts
Update done. I snagged the files in that folder, but I don't think they will do us much good - its just the contents of the cab file.
8th August 2010, 03:05 AM   |  #18  

553 posts
For those interested, here is the contents of the phone folder during the update -
http://www.multiupload.com/5ZA2Z2QB00
8th August 2010, 04:10 AM   |  #19  

689 posts
Hey da_reeseboy. Thanks for trying. i was hoping that the updater would unpack the wdb file. Guess it didn't. You had mentioned something about dumping the original version on your phone. Do you have a copy of the dump?
8th August 2010, 05:10 AM   |  #20  

553 posts
I just finished uploading it and a dump of the update -
VS750ZV4 - http://www.multiupload.com/M7FYR42S60
VS750ZV5 - http://www.multiupload.com/KTED97KZU3

Think we can do anything with these?

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread