FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Simple "Send/Install to Phone" Context menu

1,131 posts
Thanks Meter: 214
 
Post Reply Email Thread
I know a lot of you are bored of mounting SDcard all the time just to add/install a file on your phone, and running commands (push) through ADB is a bit waste of time so i created a small registry adition for Windows to be able to send/install any file at your Phone with just a click.

Download the zip below and edit EDITME.reg with your apropriate SDK directory and just run SendToPhone.bat/Install to Phone.bat.

Send to Phone
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Send to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Send to Phone\command]
@="<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>\\platform-tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"

NOTICE! MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"
Install to Phone
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone\command]
@="<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>\\platform-tools\\adb.exe install %1"

NOTICE! MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe install %1"
Attached Files
File Type: zip Send To Phone.zip - [Click for QR Code] (434 Bytes, 317 views)
File Type: zip Install to Phone.zip - [Click for QR Code] (439 Bytes, 484 views)
File Type: zip install send to phone.zip - [Click for QR Code] (488 Bytes, 454 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nicandris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
28th June 2010, 12:22 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Excellent idea, thanks
29th June 2010, 09:06 AM |#3  
marak210's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
awesome, will this work with all files?
29th June 2010, 09:17 AM |#4  
nicandris's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
yep! all files except folders. if you want it specificaly for lets say apks, change "*" to ".apk"
30th June 2010, 11:36 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandris

NOTICE! MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

Because \ is the default for special characters when interpreting strings i.e. \t is typically a tab-character. To use \ in a string you then have double \\.
30th June 2010, 09:10 PM |#6  
mpg187's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More

Is there a program you installed that made the APK have an icon, or did you manually edit the file associations?
30th June 2010, 11:28 PM |#7  
nicandris's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg187


Is there a program you installed that made the APK have an icon, or did you manually edit the file associations?

haha no it's just an image that i renamed from png to apk :P
17th October 2012, 02:55 PM |#8  
pakjebakmeel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ankeveen
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTwoPi

Because \ is the default for special characters when interpreting strings i.e. \t is typically a tab-character. To use \ in a string you then have double \\.

It's called an escape character. Brilliant idea though, simple yet very effective and time saving.. I read it and thought "duh".

Where's regedit on my Gentoo box anyways?
20th October 2012, 05:34 AM |#9  
darkerm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandris

I know a lot of you are bored of mounting SDcard all the time just to add/install a file on your phone, and running commands (push) through ADB is a bit waste of time so i created a small registry adition for Windows to be able to send/install any file at your Phone with just a click.

Download the zip below and edit EDITME.reg with your apropriate SDK directory and just run SendToPhone.bat/Install to Phone.bat.

Send to Phone

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Send to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Send to Phone\command]
@="<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>\\tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"

NOTICE! MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\tools\\adb.exe push %1 /sdcard/"
Install to Phone
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone\command]
@="<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"

NOTICE! MS for some reason requires double slashes between dirs

EXAMPLE: @="G:\\sdk\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"

Can you tell me what exactly is "SDK directory"?
I didn't install Android SDK too, will I have to install it to use this tweak in my PC?
Also, is there any way to show "APK Thumbnail in Win 7" ?
20th October 2012, 01:18 PM |#10  
nicandris's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkerm

Can you tell me what exactly is "SDK directory"?
I didn't install Android SDK too, will I have to install it to use this tweak in my PC?
Also, is there any way to show "APK Thumbnail in Win 7" ?

SDK directory is where the sdk is installed. if you didnt install it, it is where adb.exe is located
Download adb from here and link to that directory
20th October 2012, 01:54 PM |#11  
darkerm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Unhappy
Not Working
Here is what I did.
I downloaded the Zip and Extract it in a Folder Name ADB. Then I copy the Folder to C Drive in my PC

I changet this To
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone\command]
@="<SDK DIRECTORY GOES HERE!>\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"
This
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.apk\shell\Install to Phone\command]
@="C:\\ADB\\tools\\adb.exe install %1"
Can ya tell me what am I doing wrong?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes