Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

God Damn Vodafone!!!!!!! why!!

Tip us?

mattinglis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default God Damn Vodafone!!!!!!! why!!

So much for everyone recieving the full froyo update!

as usuall vodafone balls everything up for all us users. It makes no sense unless they are removing features as the explanation around emergency calling doesnt fit, in that case users using a nexus one roaming on vodafone wouldnt be able to emergency call.

Quote:
Nexus One customers that bought the phone from Vodafone will be getting Froyo, albeit a little delayed. We have to make a few changes to Froyo to optimize it for the Vodafone network (small stuff around Emergency calling, etc.), so it will take at least another couple of weeks (changes + testing).

Apologize for the extra delay, but please understand that this is a large scale deployment with lots of intricacies and we have to be prudent. I can assure you that we are striving hard to get Froyo out to all Nexus One customers ASAP.

Thanks for your continued support!
http://www.google.com/support/forum/...=en&start=3280

now how do i unlock my bootloader.

Tob3z
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What if I bought my N1 directly from Google

braingravyuk
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I wish they would be more verbose about the actual issue.. surely anyone who has bought their phone direct from Google should be having certain issues with Froyo in Europe then?

b0dge
Old
Thanks Meter 5
So is that all EPF21B handsets? I didn't get mine from Vodafone, I bought it from Phones 4 U and put it on a voda iPhone tarriff. AFAIK I could've put it on any network.

I guess it's registered on the vodafone network now...

mattinglis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0dge View Post
So is that all EPF21B handsets? I didn't get mine from Vodafone, I bought it from Phones 4 U and put it on a voda iPhone tarriff. AFAIK I could've put it on any network.

all EPF21B handsets are assigned to vodafone, some phone shops might sell you it as another network, but they were meant to be vodafone only.

So yes unfortunatly all EPF21B phones have to wait for whatever crap google are doing to it, and given the amount of time they are saying it is gonna take i doubt it will be just minor changes like they say.

asim_aziz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0dge View Post

You did get it from vodafoe albeit through a phone shop.
Definitely couldn't have put it on any network. Phone are supplied from the networks not phone shops.

Clarkster
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Think they need to 'optimize' out the tethering ability?

b0dge
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopedic shoes). Cheers for the info guys.

So all this talk of all the updates for the N1 coming direct from Google with no interruptions from the networks was all pie in the sky?

braingravyuk
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by asim_aziz View Post
You did get it from vodafoe albeit through a phone shop.
Definitely couldn't have put it on any network. Phone are supplied from the networks not phone shops.
You can put it on any network you like, I got mine from phone4u although it was a Vodafone phone there is no branding, sim or documentation and am running an 02 sim in it.

asim_aziz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by braingravyuk View Post
You can put it on any network you like, I got mine from phone4u although it was a Vodafone phone there is no branding, sim or documentation and am running an 02 sim in it.
Being an unlocked phone you can use any networks sim in it but it would still have vodafone customized firmware. Doesn't make it O2s phone by using O2 sim in it.