Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to change the alert for calendar event?

Tip us?

kmozis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to change the alert for calendar event?

How it is possible to set my own melody as an alert for calendar events? It should be in the list of available calendars, but how to mark them to be able to get into the menu. It is not possible to get there without hardware keyboard/touchpad/trackball. Is there any solution?
Samsung I9000 GalaxyS

nanolite
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm frustrated with the Samsung Galaxy S' calendar. My important appointments make a little low *blip* sound and that's about it. I tried to use Calendar Snooze, but I can't get it to work. Apparently you should be able to select snooze option from calendar, but no such option is available on my phone. Changing the sounds in the phone settings makes no difference. Any ultra mega hacker who knows how to take control over the calendar notifications?

nanolite
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Are the two of us the only ones needing this function?

Look here: http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...ication-17600/

And please help, Missed Call and Nudnik Repeating reminder do not work. Anyone? Anything!?

tonyguinta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem on T-Mobile Vibrant

I just got a Vibrant (T-Mobile's Galaxy S) the other day and have the same problem. There is no way to change the calendar alert tone on this device. It doesn't even use the default notification tone. It uses its own, but cannot be changed. It seems like maybe an oversight in the program which may have been developed with the assumption that all android devices would have a trackball. I was able to change it on my old G1, but not on the Vibrant.

Hopefully with all the Galaxy S devices being released this week across many carriers here in the US, more people will complain and this will be fixed soon.

shrasmyl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Custom Calender Alarm needed on Vibrant

I need to be able to set up a distinctive ring/alarm for my calendar events so I can tell by sound when I need to get to another appt.

The G1 had a excellent customizable calender reminder, and I could set more than one reminder for each event. I am used to relying on my phone to remind be when to "head out'. The Vibrant has failed miserably and I have already been late once. This is a HUGE oversight for such a great phone..

3rd party developers - PLEASE work on a customizable calendar multi-reminder system that integrates with the calendar program for the Vibrant.

yc1437
Old
Thanks Meter 14
For rooted phone, u can replace 22_on_time.ogg to other audio file u want (with same file name), 22_on_time.ogg is the audio played by calendar notification. This file located at /system/media/audio/notifications
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yc1437 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmozis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yc1437 View Post
For rooted phone, u can replace 22_on_time.ogg to other audio file u want (with same file name), 22_on_time.ogg is the audio played by calendar notification. This file located at /system/media/audio/notifications
Works perfectly for me, thank your for this tip! Finally I can use calendar instead of alarm.
Samsung I9000 GalaxyS

goughymachine
Old
(Last edited by goughymachine; 1st September 2010 at 07:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 58
What program can we use to delete and copy over the new file? My phones rooted (still feels funny to say that!) and I use astro as a file manager, but it comes up with an error trying to delete file. Is there something better to use on a rooted phone?

Edit: I'm trying android mate, and it's been given su permission, but while it says the file transfer has been successful the file still doesn't appear in the folder! I'm lost (nothing new).

jacob12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yc1437 View Post
I did this, but now I don't get any sound when I am supposed to........
Is it any restrictions on how big the new file can be?

ProximaC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I had no success either. I tried making my own ogg file and replacing 22_on_time.ogg with it, and it wouldn't play any sound at all. I tried different sampling rates with no luck.

I then took a sound from the Ringtones folder in system/media/audio/ and renamed it to 22_on_time.ogg and rebooted the phone. My thought was if I used another default sound file it would already be in the right format. Here's where it got weird. It started playing another audio file completely, one of my own files that was in my SD card media/notifications folder. It wasn't one I was playing with or had even opened. It literally just picked a random MP3 format file named SMSNew.mp3 and decided that was my new calendar tone.

In the end I gave up. I replaced the original 22_on_time.ogg file, rebooted, and now I'm back to the original sound.