Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP]Mobile FTP Client

Tip us?

GMEKS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [APP]Mobile FTP Client

Mobile FTP Client is FTP client for windows mobile 5/6 or above that allows users to download or upload files to a FTP server.

Features
•Support for download and upload ( Including multi files at once )
•Stores traffic data on a pr site basis.
•Support both passive and active connections
•Site manager to store login information to multiple sites
•Minimal installation size ( around 200kb )
•Automatically switches between passive and active mode
•Automatic system detecting new versions

Requirements
•.NET Compact framework 2.0 ( More info )
•Device support resolutions above 200x200 ( Anything lower may create UI issues )
•Network connection on the device

Home page: here
Download: Installer via ActiveSync
Download cab file: here
BETA Download: Installer via ActiveSync
BETA Download cab file: here
Please consider downloading the BETA version, it has many improvements and i would love some feedback.

This program is free, i would love some feedback. I know the program is not perfect yet, and as i got a bit more time now id love to be able to improve it based on feedback.
As i switched from a HTC HD to a HTC Touch2 Pro i see the app could be improved with some keyboard hotkeys.

Side note, i posted about this app before in this forum, but sadly in the incorrect forum ( Link ).

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
(Last edited by BeeGee_Tokyo; 19th July 2010 at 04:00 PM.) Reason: giving some additional informations and added the screenshot ;-)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1195

DONATE TO ME
Default Nice and light FTP client

I like your FTP client. It is small and easy to use. Unfortunately it has a problem with my FTP server. See attached screenshot. It is working with TotalCommander and RescoFTP.

Your FTP client works fine with other FTP servers, so the problem might be on my side. The FTP is running on an Synology Diskstation. OS is Linux, but for the FTP server they use some strange stuff.

If it helps for testing, here is the public access data for the FTP server

giesecke.tk
Port 21
user xda
password => PM me for the password

its my TOPAZ file mirror.

If I can add a wish, try to make the UI more finger friendly. On my Topaz I still have a stylus, but on my next device, an HD2, there will be no more stylus, everything has to be done by your fingertips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot3.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	353355  

GMEKS
Old
(Last edited by GMEKS; 2nd July 2010 at 11:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo View Post
I like your FTP client. It is small and easy to use. Unfortunately it has a problem with my FTP server. See attached screenshot. It is working with TotalCommander and RescoFTP.

Your FTP client works fine with other FTP servers, so the problem might be on my side. The FTP is running on an Synology Diskstation. OS is Linux, but for the FTP server they use some strange stuff.

If it helps for testing, here is the public access data for the FTP server

giesecke.tk
Port 21
user xda
password xda

its my TOPAZ file mirror.

If I can add a wish, try to make the UI more finger friendly. On my Topaz I still have a stylus, but on my next device, an HD2, there will be no more stylus, everything has to be done by your fingertips.
Il connect to your ftp during the weekend and test some more, but from the error report i recived from the FTP client it seems there is a bug where the ftp directry listing type is out of order.

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMEKS View Post
Il connect to your ftp during the weekend and test some more, but from the error report i recived from the FTP client it seems there is a bug where the ftp directry listing type is out of order.
Hey, thanks for checking this. I attached a picture of the directory structure that the FTP client should see. If you need me to do anything on the FTP server side for your testing, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	81
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	353437  

GMEKS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo View Post
Hey, thanks for checking this. I attached a picture of the directory structure that the FTP client should see. If you need me to do anything on the FTP server side for your testing, let me know.
I got it listing the directory, but im unable to change directories. Did you restrict my rights?

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I got it listing the directory, but im unable to change directories. Did you restrict my rights?
No, user XDA has the rights to change directories and download files. The XDA account is public to download Topaz ROMs and other stuff.

I guess it is the strange FTP server application. On the Synology forum I saw a lot of complains. If you do not get it working it's ok, as your application is working with other FTP servers.

gfinockio
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Tried it - I can load the home/root directory, but as soon as I try to change to another directory, it times out.

Looked promising, but not working for me.

GMEKS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea thats the bug im having on gfinockio s server. Il hopefully have a udpate this weekend

GMEKS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update released, should fix the unable to change directory and also should be able to read all directories

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
(Last edited by BeeGee_Tokyo; 13th July 2010 at 03:18 AM.) Reason: Additional info
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Update released, should fix the unable to change directory and also should be able to read all directories
Sorry still not working.

See attached screenshots.
First it looks ok (shot1). But when I change to folder Cooked_ROMs, (shot2) still the top folder structure is shown. But the log says I changed directory. When I try to open CustomRUU folder then an error message is in the log (shot3).

I use .NETcf 3.5 on Topaz WM6.5 build 21909.

[EDIT]
The FTP server is a linux machine, so folder names are case sensitive. Maybe that is the problem?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ScreenShot1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	359153   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	359154   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot3.jpg
Views:	28