Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Think my MT3G Slide is defective.

Tip us?

Jay_8698
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Think my MT3G Slide is defective.

Well, as the title says I think my myTouch 3G Slide is defective. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as me. I've had this phone for over 2-3 weeks. Anyway, on to why I think its defective. My screen that slides up seems to have a gap between it and the keyboard. When I first got the phone the screen was squeezed together with the keyboard. I haven't dropped the phone at all as I'm very careful with all my phones.

Does anyone else have this problem? Like a noticable gap between the keyboard and the screen.
|| Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus [Rooted] ||
|| ROM: XenonHD Stable-4.0 [Toro] ||

Stratis1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No but I've heard of this problem.

A reviewer with a prototype on YouTube had this issue.

You need to return it for a replacement (before you do that though is there no way to snap it back together tightly?).

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Jay_8698
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, that's what I tried to do on several occassions. I actually slept one night with my phone face down on top of my tv stand with a cleaning cloth under it so the screen didn't get scratches.

Once I looked at it the next morning for some odd reason the slide up part and keyboard were even more seperated, but thanks for the tip. I'll call T-Mobile tomorrow and tell em all about this issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
|| Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus [Rooted] ||
|| ROM: XenonHD Stable-4.0 [Toro] ||

stoneyjonez
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I have the exact same problem basically. Mine has a gap, most noticeably at the upper left corner. It was flush against the keyboard side when I got it but got worse over time. I called tech care about it and my replacement arrives today!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide