[REF] HowTo Install a Custom ROM on Liquid
New(bie) here ?
You just have received your liquid, and would like to install a custom rom, but don't know where to begin ? This is for you.
(Note : Mostly inspired from the LCR's wiki page : http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid...idCommunityROM
Tools Needed :
- Acer Liquid drivers : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5PTHL3O
- Acer Flash Tool : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EF2QNANO
- SuperBoot : http://acer-liquid-community-rom-bug.../Superboot.zip
Extract all in separates folders.
1. Install an official BIN
The first thing to do, is to get the latest official 2.1 bin for Liquid. Well, it's not really official as they are leaked bin for the moment, and not yet available on the Acer's website.
--> European Version.
Alternatives mirrors : LCR's wiki page
--> Only contain English + Asiat langs.
Once your bin downloaded :
1) Unpack the drivers.
If you have a 32-Bit version of Windows, go to the folder x86, if you have a 64-Bit version, go to the x64 folder.
Then run the setup.exe and follow the instructions.
2) Unpack the Acer A1 Tool.
Important : under windows Vista / 7 : choose Windows XP compatibility mode and "run as administrator"
Run the ACER Download Tool. Click "Browse" and select the downloaded ACER_LiquidE...bin. Attach your Acer Liquid and press Start. It should start flashing the stock Éclair image.
Don't interrupt this process!! In case of communication error during flash process. You can unplug and replug usb, don't power off the phone.
You now have a standard 2.1 rom. But, even if you just want to run the stock rom without a custom rom beside, you should install a recovery software
, in case of problems.
A custom recovery is program software which will help you install customs roms, root your roms, backup and restore a rom, etc... This is the start point to custom Liquid rom.
2. Install a Custom Recovery Image
1.) To do this, go here : http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/
and download malezRecovery_0.5.3.img (or newer version if there is one off course).
2.) Put this image in your extracted Superboot folder, delete the old recovery.img in it, and rename malezRecovery_0.5.3.img to recovery.img
3.) Enable USB Debug in your phone --> Settings --> Applications --> USB Debug.
4.) Run install-recovery-windows.bat to install the recovery.
You should see something like this : sending 'recovery' (4876 KB)... OKAY writing 'recovery'... OKAY
5. After the flash, your phone should reboot.
6. To enter the recovery, use reboot-recovery.bat
To know more information about it,go to the malezRecovery project page.
3. Install a Custom ROM
1. To install a custom rom, just download the zip file, put it on your sd, then reboot on recovery (You can download QuickBoot from the market to reboot in recovery easily, but your rom have to be rooted).
2. Chosse Wipe Data (This will do a factory reset, please backup before if you need it).
3. Navigate to "flash/test menu" / "apply any .zip from SD" and push the menu key, and then choose the ROM and press menu again. Press home to start flashing
4. Wait for the installation to finish.
6. You're done