16th September 2010, 04:28 PM   |  #161  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,029

2,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneshm90

Im confused a little, why do u have folders you want to push to these directories ? You should use metamorph for this task of replacing images within the apk.

ok, was just trying to do it without metamorph, and i thought the folders was wrong, so any idea how i would do it with this tool without just plain adding the whole settings apk, or mms apk with my replaced images in them?

till now, i just take the rom and change everything i want changed on my pc, then sign and then i flash the zip...was just trying to make an update.zip that would "mod" the rom in one step
16th September 2010, 05:05 PM   |  #162  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 636

3,309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpapadakos

ok, was just trying to do it without metamorph, and i thought the folders was wrong, so any idea how i would do it with this tool without just plain adding the whole settings apk, or mms apk with my replaced images in them?

till now, i just take the rom and change everything i want changed on my pc, then sign and then i flash the zip...was just trying to make an update.zip that would "mod" the rom in one step

It wouldn't be possible using this batch script as its limited to what syntax it can insert into ur update-script. Perhaps what one could do, is have a .sh file which allows for the extraction of .apk's (essentially .zip's). Im not sure but doesn't the recovery support "unzip" command ? U cud just write urself a update-script which extracts, inserts, repacks.
16th September 2010, 10:54 PM   |  #163  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,029

2,881 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneshm90

It wouldn't be possible using this batch script as its limited to what syntax it can insert into ur update-script. Perhaps what one could do, is have a .sh file which allows for the extraction of .apk's (essentially .zip's). Im not sure but doesn't the recovery support "unzip" command ? U cud just write urself a update-script which extracts, inserts, repacks.

alrighty then...thanx
26th September 2010, 09:09 PM   |  #164  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 90

439 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hallo,

one short question, are these steps right if i want to flash a .apk into system/app

Steps:
  1. creat a folder called "app" in "placehere" folder
  2. open .bat, wrote "y" -> enter
  3. creat a update-script -> copy directories -> to SYSTEM -> app -> again app (for "app" folder in "placehere" folder)
  4. wrote 8 -> enter
  5. create update.zip
  6. flash it
thats all cause i got this error in Clockwork recovery with the .zip:

Code:
"E:Can't open /cache/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted."
so if u can, here is it, than u can have a look at it:

Download

thank u for ur help!
26th September 2010, 09:26 PM   |  #165  
OP Recognized Developer

3,309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toisan

Hallo,

one short question, are these steps right if i want to flash a .apk into system/app

Steps:

1. creat a folder called "app" in "placehere" folder
  2. open .bat, wrote "y" -> enter
  3. creat a update-script -> copy directories -> to SYSTEM -> app -> again app (for "app" folder in "placehere" folder)
  4. wrote 8 -> enter
  5. create update.zip
  6. flash it
thats all cause i got this error in Clockwork recovery with the .zip:

Code:
"E:Can't open /cache/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted."
so if u can, here is it, than u can have a look at it:

Download

thank u for ur help!

Hey,

Ur steps are correct. Just a question, can u try flashing another "proven to work" update.zip and see if it flashes ? Also can u check how much space you got left on ur /cache partition ? do

adb shell df /cache

Thanks
26th September 2010, 09:41 PM   |  #166  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 90

439 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sry for this, rebuild the update.zip and now its works

best tool to do this

Maybe u can add some finished update-scripts to this like for framework, app...

and how to add to thins to flash, e.g. framework and apps?

regards and Thanks!
26th September 2010, 09:46 PM   |  #167  
OP Recognized Developer

3,309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toisan

Sry for this, rebuild the update.zip and now its works

best tool to do this

Maybe u can add some finished update-scripts to this like for framework, app...

and how to add to thins to flash, e.g. framework and apps?

regards and Thanks!

I guess lol so sort of a guide for different scenarios.

I'll see when i get the time.
1st October 2010, 07:25 PM   |  #168  
Flag honolulu
Thanks Meter: 8

591 posts
More
I took a rom that I have already flashed so I know it flashes fine to see how things actually worked.

I extracted it to placehere (META-INF, system, boot.img)
I replaced a few apks essentially changing the default language
I used option 2 per the video demo that you posted
I noticed that once it tells me that the update.zip is created and all is OK, the META-INF folder found in placehere vanishes. Is this normal?
I toss the update on my sdcard and attempt to flash it; it fails with "no update script found".

Out of curiousity, I open up the update.zip that was created and there is a META-INF folder present so it placed it correctly...for some reason though, when flashing, it assumes there is no update script found.

For testing purposes, I took the rom that flashes fine, placed it in placehere and did not alter a single thing. I created a fresh update.zip with it and attempted to flash it as well. The same result, "Can't find update script".

What am I missing?

update: So for some reason it is not carrying the com folder in META-INF when creating the update.zip, nor updating the updater script found within. I suppose I can simply drop the previous one in there, but for all new apks I add, or for any I remove, things will not go as planned when flashing.

No bueno
Last edited by deprecate; 1st October 2010 at 07:54 PM.
8th October 2010, 07:10 PM   |  #169  
SUR GATE!!
Thanks Meter: 738

2,699 posts
More
i really want to start using this with your porting tool, but when i run this, it says "java was not found, you will not be able to sign apks or use apktools" any help please!! i just updated my java right before i tried running this...
12th October 2010, 03:09 PM   |  #170  
Flag Texas!
Thanks Meter: 211

816 posts
More
Question Fix Permissions???
Is it possible to fire off fix_permissions (Amon RA recovery) via this scripting tool? I tried just adding "fix_permissions" to the script and it returned a syntax error.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
script, updated
Previous Thread Next Thread