[APP] Autowipe - For those with Froyo

OP vesperaNovus

4th July 2010, 05:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Autowipe is back!

Greetings all,

As most of you probably know, Froyo (2.2) includes new phone wiping abilities. I've been working on an app to take advantage of this new feature and I'm excited to let others see it.

Unfortunately for me, I do not have a Froyo Phone! I am looking for some of you very nice people with N1s or Droids that have 2.2 installed to help me out with testing, as the Emulator can only go so far. Most importantly, I'm interested in seeing if the "Subscriber Id changed" action works when removing/changing SIM cards.

Quick description: Android 2.2 (Froyo)+ includes a new administrator feature. The administrator must be enabled by the user before it can perform its actions. This application focuses on the memory wipe feature of the administrator. If your device gets lost or stolen you can set up this application to automatically wipe the memory in the following conditions: failed passwords to unlock screen, SMS password received, subscriber ID changed (SIM card).

Screenshots and APK attached below.

Thank you very much!

Update 05 March 2011:

* Integrated a Test Mode into the app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot001.jpg
Views:	1882
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	534588   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot002.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	534589  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Autowipe Free v1_0_00.apk - [Click for QR Code] (151.4 KB, 1805 views)
Last edited by vesperaNovus; 6th March 2011 at 03:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vesperaNovus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2010, 10:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

566 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't mean to be a downer or anything but isn't this what Mobile Defense and WaveSecure do already?
4th July 2010, 12:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

449 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRampage

Don't mean to be a downer or anything but isn't this what Mobile Defense and WaveSecure do already?

I don't think that those two programs are updated to work with the admin froyo settings, it's actually what is trying to accomplish.
4th July 2010, 12:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRampage

But neither of those apps are free or are supported outside the US as far as I know.
4th July 2010, 05:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Norrköping
Thanks Meter: 6

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsu_1981

I don't think that those two programs are updated to work with the admin froyo settings, it's actually what is trying to accomplish.

You can at least set WaveSecure as admin, don't know about Mobile Defense. But still, keep up the work!
5th July 2010, 12:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

196 posts
More
i really like this app bro. So when you say wipe, does it restore factory settings? or does it literally wipe everything so that u have to restore via adb or something?
5th July 2010, 06:11 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Indeed, my intention is to release it as a free app on the Market to all locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam18488

i really like this app bro. So when you say wipe, does it restore factory settings? or does it literally wipe everything so that u have to restore via adb or something?

Thanks for the compliments. According to the documentation it never specifically says "factory reset" but I'd guess that is what it is doing: Ask the user data be wiped. This will cause the device to reboot, erasing all user data while next booting up.
5th July 2010, 06:12 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield IL
Thanks Meter: 654

1,124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam18488

now that would be nice.... both phone and SD at that. That way if you get someone smart enough to track down how to bring up the bootloader and restoral menus, they won't have anything to work from....
20th July 2010, 02:46 AM   |  #9  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 19

263 posts
More
Any update in this project? its really promising. A free alternative to only payed remote wiping software on market.
20th July 2010, 03:04 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 35

391 posts
More
Thumbs up
Keep up the good work bro.

This is an excellent alternative, eh?
Can you please give us a version with "SIM"?
Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread