Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Updated 7/22/2010!)Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.1 addition

Tip us?

enragedpaza
Old
(Last edited by enragedpaza; 13th August 2010 at 10:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default (Updated 7/22/2010!)Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.1 addition

I remember seeing someone wanting a green highlight , multi touch keyboard. So, I made it. Had to change the green dot to blue, so it would look better
I take no credit for making the keyboard work for our devices. I also didn't come up with the fix for the & key.

Thanks goes to zack.xtr we now have a WORKING black multi-touch keyboard. Want to also thank bmtdan for showing me zack.xtr's post. Black keyboard is attached, all credit goes to zack.xtr.
Just follow install instructions below.

Updated all with fixed "<" key
zack.xtr keyboard.

download below title is "blakmtkb"

Outline keyboard

Download below title is "mtbwg"

Green highlight
Fixed the stretching issue!

Download below title is "greenhighlight"

Ladies keyboard

Download below title is "ladiesmt"

BlackRed
This one is bad looking on the phone!

Download below title is "BRed"

BlackBlue

Download below title is "Bblue"

BlackGreen

Download below title is "Bgreen"
More keyboards HERE

Install instructions
*If you have a previous version installed (modded or not) go to language & keyboards and uncheck Multi-touch keyboard.
*Next go to applications-mannage applications, scroll down to multi touch keyboard and click it. Then click uninstall
*(START HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT AT ALL) Next use a file manager to view your sd card. ( Astro, Root Explorer, Android Mate, etc......) Go to where you put it, (If you downloaded it from your phones browser it will be in sd/download. Confirmed with Stock Android browser and Dolphin HD browser) click it. Then click open app manager, then click install.
*Go to settings/Language & keyboard, check Multi-touch keyboard.
*Next go to any field where you can input text. hold down on the text field, and click input method. Select Multi-touch keyboard.
Attached Files
File Type: apk blackmtkb.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.11 MB, 2982 views)
File Type: apk greenhighlight.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.12 MB, 4010 views)
File Type: apk mtbwg.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.10 MB, 1163 views)
File Type: apk ladiesmt.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.12 MB, 794 views)
File Type: apk BRed.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.12 MB, 1696 views)
File Type: apk Bblue.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.13 MB, 2017 views)
File Type: apk Bgreen.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.13 MB, 1326 views)
Device: iPhone 64g 4s
There is no need to fight in forums, nothing is accomplished by doing so. Except bruised Ego's and 5 more pages to read through.
GOOD BYE ANDROID

The Following User Says Thank You to enragedpaza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

newone757
Old
Thanks Meter 39
waiting for the black. thatd be great

bmtdan
Old
Thanks Meter 249
is haptic feedback working on this cus id love to have it but mine has haptic feedback so otherwise ill just keep mine. good luck with the black version though i cant wait to see it!

also i could get you the haptic enabled apk if you would like it or you could find it in the nexus one forum

super-6-1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So this will allow us to type faster? thats what imtrying to do on mine now and it sucks for that. I mean REALLY sucks

enragedpaza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtdan View Post
is haptic feedback working on this cus id love to have it but mine has haptic feedback so otherwise ill just keep mine. good luck with the black version though i cant wait to see it!

also i could get you the haptic enabled apk if you would like it or you could find it in the nexus one forum
Well what keyboard you have that has haptic? If you give me it, iI will just mod that one.
There is no need to fight in forums, nothing is accomplished by doing so. Except bruised Ego's and 5 more pages to read through.
GOOD BYE ANDROID

enragedpaza
Old
(Last edited by enragedpaza; 9th July 2010 at 04:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
EDIT: got the help needed, thank you zack.xtr
GOOD BYE ANDROID

enragedpaza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by super-6-1 View Post
So this will allow us to type faster? thats what imtrying to do on mine now and it sucks for that. I mean REALLY sucks
This is just a small mod someone posted they wanted, when the keyboard was first released, for Evo. They wanted the highlight to be green, so I made it green. As far as speed, I can't increase anything to make you type faster. In my opinion I type faster on this key board with less mistakes.
GOOD BYE ANDROID

super-6-1
Old
(Last edited by super-6-1; 4th July 2010 at 06:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedpaza View Post
This is just a small mod someone posted they wanted, when the keyboard was first released, for Evo. They wanted the highlight to be green, so I made it green. As far as speed, I can't increase anything to make you type faster. In my opinion I type faster on this key board with less mistakes.
Yea i noticed that as well, and if its possible, can i ask for a small persona change to it? Id do it myself but have no idea how Id love the highlight color to be blood red, im trying to make a theme for my phone with that color.

and by the way, i took HTML and this looks a lot like it, if you want send me the files via PM and ill see if i can work on it. I CAN'T guarantee because i dont know how to test it.

enragedpaza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by super-6-1 View Post
Yea i noticed that as well, and if its possible, can i ask for a small persona change to it? Id do it myself but have no idea how Id love the highlight color to be blood red, im trying to make a theme for my phone with that color.
How dark?
post a pic of the color or something that has the color already
GOOD BYE ANDROID

super-6-1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
here, take the darkest red part of the moon.

and by the way, i took HTML and this looks a lot like it, if you want send me the files via PM and ill see if i can work on it. I CAN'T guarantee because i dont know how to test it.