(Updated 7/22/2010!)Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.1 addition

Search This thread

enragedpaza

I remember seeing someone wanting a green highlight , multi touch keyboard. So, I made it. Had to change the green dot to blue, so it would look better
I take no credit for making the keyboard work for our devices. I also didn't come up with the fix for the & key.

Thanks goes to zack.xtr we now have a WORKING black multi-touch keyboard. Want to also thank bmtdan for showing me zack.xtr's post. Black keyboard is attached, all credit goes to zack.xtr.
Just follow install instructions below.

Updated all with fixed "<" key
zack.xtr keyboard.
262fa5da.png

download below title is "blakmtkb"

Outline keyboard
snap20100711_021754.png

Download below title is "mtbwg"

Green highlight
Fixed the stretching issue!
244e76f1.png

Download below title is "greenhighlight"

Ladies keyboard
9710fa33.png

Download below title is "ladiesmt"

BlackRed
This one is bad looking on the phone!:cool:
a170df54.png

Download below title is "BRed"

BlackBlue
c786c538.png

Download below title is "Bblue"

BlackGreen
e3f38771.png

Download below title is "Bgreen"
More keyboards HERE

Install instructions
*If you have a previous version installed (modded or not) go to language & keyboards and uncheck Multi-touch keyboard.
*Next go to applications-mannage applications, scroll down to multi touch keyboard and click it. Then click uninstall
*(START HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT AT ALL) Next use a file manager to view your sd card. ( Astro, Root Explorer, Android Mate, etc......) Go to where you put it, (If you downloaded it from your phones browser it will be in sd/download. Confirmed with Stock Android browser and Dolphin HD browser) click it. Then click open app manager, then click install.
*Go to settings/Language & keyboard, check Multi-touch keyboard.
*Next go to any field where you can input text. hold down on the text field, and click input method. Select Multi-touch keyboard.

Attachments

• blackmtkb.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,994
  • greenhighlight.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 4,017
  • mtbwg.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,169
  • ladiesmt.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 798
  • BRed.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,700
  • Bblue.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,024
  • Bgreen.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,333
Last edited:
Reactions: bridic

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
is haptic feedback working on this cus id love to have it but mine has haptic feedback so otherwise ill just keep mine. good luck with the black version though i cant wait to see it!

also i could get you the haptic enabled apk if you would like it or you could find it in the nexus one forum

super-6-1

May 21, 2010
Norfolk
So this will allow us to type faster? thats what imtrying to do on mine now and it sucks for that. I mean REALLY sucks

enragedpaza

is haptic feedback working on this cus id love to have it but mine has haptic feedback so otherwise ill just keep mine. good luck with the black version though i cant wait to see it!

also i could get you the haptic enabled apk if you would like it or you could find it in the nexus one forum

Well what keyboard you have that has haptic? If you give me it, iI will just mod that one.

enragedpaza

So this will allow us to type faster? thats what imtrying to do on mine now and it sucks for that. I mean REALLY sucks

This is just a small mod someone posted they wanted, when the keyboard was first released, for Evo. They wanted the highlight to be green, so I made it green. As far as speed, I can't increase anything to make you type faster. In my opinion I type faster on this key board with less mistakes.

super-6-1

May 21, 2010
Norfolk
This is just a small mod someone posted they wanted, when the keyboard was first released, for Evo. They wanted the highlight to be green, so I made it green. As far as speed, I can't increase anything to make you type faster. In my opinion I type faster on this key board with less mistakes.

Yea i noticed that as well, and if its possible, can i ask for a small persona change to it? Id do it myself but have no idea how :( Id love the highlight color to be blood red, im trying to make a theme for my phone with that color.

and by the way, i took HTML and this looks a lot like it, if you want send me the files via PM and ill see if i can work on it. I CAN'T guarantee because i dont know how to test it.

Last edited:

super-6-1

May 21, 2010
Norfolk
here, take the darkest red part of the moon.

and by the way, i took HTML and this looks a lot like it, if you want send me the files via PM and ill see if i can work on it. I CAN'T guarantee because i dont know how to test it.

Blood_Moon.jpg

Sporkman

Mar 13, 2009
nice mod tyvm !! i was looking for the green ! its close to the scene green :D

super-6-1

May 21, 2010
Norfolk
So you want the buttens and background black... what xml file... lol this is going to take a bit to find the right file...

enragedpaza

So you want the buttens and background black... what xml file... lol this is going to take a bit to find the right file...

I'm trying to make the buttons and background black. It's my understanding (from modding the Omnia keyboard, on windows mobile) that xml files control the color of the letter on the keyboard. If it is like Windows, then there is a string in one of the xml documents. Inside the apk there are different xml documents, just can't figure the right one out, and what would control what.

Last edited:

super-6-1

May 21, 2010
Norfolk
I'm trying to make the buttons and background black. It's my understanding (from modding the Omnia keyboard, on windows mobile) that xml files control the color of the letter on the keyboard. If it is like Windows, then there is a string in one of the xml documents. Inside the apk there are different xml documents, just can't figure the right one out, and what would control what.

Hey dude, this is already compiled i need the non complied version.

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
heres the haptic apk i cannot wait to have this in black and green :)

Attachments

• q-ime.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

enragedpaza

That is the one I moddded if I am not mistaken? I will install the one you just posted, and edit this post with my findings
EDIT:Ok that was different. Must have over looked the one that has vibration able to use. Right now I'm working on a couple skins for some widgets/programs. Once I am done I will mod it for you and update first post with it

Last edited:

admorris

Jun 8, 2010

I downloaded this through my phone, but it doesn't install. Says something about "no program to open this file". Is this supposed to install as simply as other apk's, or am I going about this wrong? I would love to have haptic feedback within the multitouch keyboard if possible.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember seeing someone wanting a green highlight , multi touch keyboard. So, I made it. Had to change the green dot to blue, so it would look better
    I take no credit for making the keyboard work for our devices. I also didn't come up with the fix for the & key.

Thanks goes to zack.xtr we now have a WORKING black multi-touch keyboard. Want to also thank bmtdan for showing me zack.xtr's post. Black keyboard is attached, all credit goes to zack.xtr.
    Just follow install instructions below.

Updated all with fixed "<" key
    zack.xtr keyboard.
    262fa5da.png

download below title is "blakmtkb"

Outline keyboard
    snap20100711_021754.png

Download below title is "mtbwg"

Green highlight
    Fixed the stretching issue!
    244e76f1.png

Download below title is "greenhighlight"

Ladies keyboard
    9710fa33.png

Download below title is "ladiesmt"

BlackRed
    This one is bad looking on the phone!:cool:
    a170df54.png

Download below title is "BRed"

BlackBlue
    c786c538.png

Download below title is "Bblue"

BlackGreen
    e3f38771.png

Download below title is "Bgreen"
    More keyboards HERE

Install instructions
    *If you have a previous version installed (modded or not) go to language & keyboards and uncheck Multi-touch keyboard.
    *Next go to applications-mannage applications, scroll down to multi touch keyboard and click it. Then click uninstall
    *(START HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT AT ALL) Next use a file manager to view your sd card. ( Astro, Root Explorer, Android Mate, etc......) Go to where you put it, (If you downloaded it from your phones browser it will be in sd/download. Confirmed with Stock Android browser and Dolphin HD browser) click it. Then click open app manager, then click install.
    *Go to settings/Language & keyboard, check Multi-touch keyboard.
    *Next go to any field where you can input text. hold down on the text field, and click input method. Select Multi-touch keyboard.
    The keyboards are awesome, thanks!

Don't really want to nitpick or anything, but could you change the shade of green (in the keyboards that use green highlights) to more of a android/darker green instead of the lime green?

Here's the "sense green hightlight you wanted need someone to post a screen shot for me. I'm on night cm6, so I can't