Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Thread Deleted

[solved] Regarding android contact and calender sync

OP skumara

4th July 2010, 11:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

283 posts
More
I have a question to all android users:

1. After i install an android OS how do i recover or transfer my contacts and calender events from WM 6.1 to android?
Last edited by mmelo76; 8th July 2010 at 01:30 PM.
5th July 2010, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Try syncing your contact with Google sync before jumping to android, then you will have your contact list safely waiting at google servers.
5th July 2010, 01:35 PM   |  #3  

48 posts
There are many ways but the best one to my opinion is this. I have tried it and it is amazingly easy to use. Just a few clicks. Although I am from Greece and greek contacts are a little bit difficult to be handled, results were simply excellent for me. But you have to do it immediately because the android app is still beta and expires tomorrow. I suppose there will be a non beta version after that but it may not be for free
6th July 2010, 09:53 AM   |  #4  

48 posts
I forgot to mention that the above way of backup, can only handle contacts, sms, call log and bookmarks. As the site says "much more coming soon" but now it cannot handle calendar entries
8th July 2010, 12:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

283 posts
More
Thumbs up google is great
google is great. I suggest every one can just use google to sync contact and calender. this problem solved!
8th July 2010, 01:27 PM   |  #6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Caieiras - SP
Thanks Meter: 165

933 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Ok! I agree, Google Sync solves. I'll close here, anything send me PM
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, calender, contact, wm 6.1