adb shell rm /data/local/rights/mid.txt adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd1 /data/local/rights/mid.txt adb reboot
Toast's Part 2, for nand unlock
Everything below is grayed out as it is now of historical interest.
Simpleroot method for this version is out, this app makes rooting this ROM version much easier.
This method developed by an anonymous user. It is for rooting the new OTA v1.47.651.1. If your stuck with the new ota or just bought an EVO with this version, this is for you.
UPDATE 7/6:Hackfiles updated. See end of this post.
VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE, Courtesy of jiqqaman
Make sure you have adb ready to go and know how to get into adb shell. You must use the EVO browser to perform these steps. If these steps don't work, use recovery to wipe your phone and start fresh (you will lose all of your data on the phone)
1. Unzip the files into a directory somewhere on your computer
2. Put the files into the root of your sdcard (mount the EVO as a disk drive)
3. Unmount your phone
4. Run "adb shell" and start part1 on your phone:
6. When it starts up it will ask you to open the EVO browser. open your EVO browser to http://bit.ly/ad0pRn
7. When it asks you to, refresh the EVO browser on the same page
8. Reboot your phone with "adb reboot"
9. Run adb shell as soon as you can (when the HTC logo is still showing). You need to be fast. If you get "error: device not found", try again.
adb shell /data/local/part2
crw-rw-rw- root root 90, 2 2010-07-05 19:37 mtd1
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/local/flash_image chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image /data/local/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
13. If your are having troubles, you may find useful information HERE
FINAL STEP - Do NOT accept any OTA updates from this point on. REALLY. DON'T **** UP YOUR ROOT!
Permanant mirror for the updated hackfiles2