Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What would you like best on your HTC HD2 ?
Windows Phone 7 206 15.20%
GNU/Linux and Android 1,083 79.93%
I'm happy with the shipped HD2 operating system 66 4.87%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

[Discussion]Linux and Android on the HD2 *READ POST3 BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Tip us?

zarathustrax
Old
(Last edited by zarathustrax; 20th May 2010 at 10:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by g30rg10u View Post
say the magic word and we will start donating more

are you going to start working for the android port ?
He shouldn't have to ask for donations. If you want to donate, then donate. A donation thread is not needed for this. Donation threads only work when there is a goal of a certain amount of money, as in da_g's case. This is an open-sourced project open for anyone to work on. dcordes and the other devs have already put in a huge amount of work, so if you want to donate, donate directly to them. There is no need to keep track of the donations. Donation threads tend to go off-topic and lead to arguments and flame wars, and many times end up getting closed. And this is not like da_g's situation at all.... he was getting donations for specific equipment that he needed to work on porting wm7. And when the goal was reached, donations stopped. He might not even get wm7 ported.
If anything, post the donation links to the 5 developers, and let people donate as they choose. If you collect it all together, how will you accurately divide the donations between the devs? Who deserves what percentage? You can't decide that without possible arguments or hurt feelings. Just donate to the devs for what they accomplish. They are not making promises, but they are making great progress and putting in lots of free time asking for nothing in return.
I highly encourage everyone to donate to the devs, but keep it a private and personal matter. And remember that there are several developers... they are listed on the 1st page. I think a donation thread is just asking for trouble, though.

EBBR
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrax View Post
He shouldn't have to ask for donations. If you want to donate, then donate. A donation thread is not needed for this. Donation threads only work when there is a goal of a certain amount of money, as in da_g's case. This is an open-sourced project open for anyone to work on. dcordes and the other devs have already put in a huge amount of work, so if you want to donate, donate directly to them. There is no need to keep track of the donations. Donation threads tend to go off-topic and lead to arguments and flame wars, and many times end up getting closed.
If anything, post the donation links to the 5 developers, and let people donate as they choose. If you collect it all together, how will you accurately divide the donations between the devs? Who deserves what percentage? You can't decide that without possible arguments or hurt feelings.
I highly encourage everyone to donate to the devs, but keep it a private and personal matter. And remember that there are several developers... they are listed on the 1st page. I think a donation thread is just asking for trouble, though.
i totally agree on this. Maybe we should close this subject and continue focusing on the project itself.

no offense!

xokos
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Let's just continue...

I've tried with the 2.09 radio but didn't work, it gives an error that the console can't continue.Move to the 2.10 it work's better, but in the time that should load the video it just stay's black...

HTC HD2 - Android - Gingerbread

dcordes
Old
(Last edited by dcordes; 28th May 2010 at 09:41 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Personally I stick with my opinion. I won't be part of some dev team that was chosen by the official donation collector consortium.

I do this stuff because it's fun and I like free software. That is and will remain my primary motivation along with all the good feedback.

If you like you can support it. (Also with 1400 USD if you feel the need. Had a good laugh@wp7 project thing above. No offense guys)

But I won't be in some contract.

edit: I'm taking the good laugh back as I don't know what that hardware is that cost 1400 bucks and how far it can be useful...
What I do
* port Linux (kernel) to HTC phones like the hd2
* document everything about development and make it easily available
* provide non-Android distros for Linux enabled HTC phones for more diversity
Publicly accessible tech wiki htc-linux.org
My personal twitter
dcordes

alldino
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys,,, I have been off for like a week and i can't bother to look through 50 pages to see if theres any progress, but it looks like u guys got kernel working now? or almost,, is that true?? , can anyone update me on the page were on here? please and thanks! Good luck with android

Zepiii
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Post #1 & #2.

fakker
Old
Thanks Meter 15
does anyone have a mirror of hd2-mediaplayer_0.3.zip ?
htc-linux.org has hit bandwidth limit

cookiesowns
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone have a mirror for all the neccesary files to try Linux on my HD2? The site has hit the bandwidth limit

PS: If you need a host let me know, i happen to have a web server

caffeinejunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1
http://bit.ly/9p4tnn
mirror for "hd2-mediaplayer_0.3.zip"

nemo0405
Old
Thanks Meter 2
http://www.netripper.com/leo/

mirror for builds and stuff
T-Mobile HTC HD2 : WP7 with Live Services =)
Radio: 2.15.50.xxx
-----------------
Samsung Blackjack 2 (Win-Mo 6.1)
T-Mobile Shadow x2 (Win-Mo 6.5/6.1)
Sony Ericsson K800i/K810i
Nokia N73 Music Edition

Tags
android, connection, development, hd2, hd2 android, htc android, kernel, linux, ubuntu