Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What would you like best on your HTC HD2 ?
Windows Phone 7 206 15.20%
GNU/Linux and Android 1,083 79.93%
I'm happy with the shipped HD2 operating system 66 4.87%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

[Discussion]Linux and Android on the HD2 *READ POST3 BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Tip us?

stealthdragonb
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I put on android v5 on my phone and it is running amazingly, i have no robot voice etc and everyting works perfectly aside from the usual stuff which hasn't been fixed yet but i'm sure is very soon to be fixed. by the way i used hspl3 and updated my radio to 2.10.50.26 I though that this radio unlocks the extra 100mb or so of RAM which is locked on my telstra htc hd2. I checked my htc hd2 system setting and still only shows 400 and something mb of RAM and I have checked that I do have the 2.10.50.26 radio installed. Anyone got any ideas?

memin1857
Old
(Last edited by memin1857; 26th July 2010 at 01:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdragonb View Post
I put on android v5 on my phone and it is running amazingly, i have no robot voice etc and everyting works perfectly aside from the usual stuff which hasn't been fixed yet but i'm sure is very soon to be fixed. by the way i used hspl3 and updated my radio to 2.10.50.26 I though that this radio unlocks the extra 100mb or so of RAM which is locked on my telstra htc hd2. I checked my htc hd2 system setting and still only shows 400 and something mb of RAM and I have checked that I do have the 2.10.50.26 radio installed. Anyone got any ideas?
This is not the correct thread but I'll answer your question.

With 576MB unlocked, you will see about 450MB of ram in system info. With 448MB limited (original radio) you will see around 340MB ram usable. So you have no problem. You state that you had around 400mb ram with previous radio. That means it was already 576MB with the previous radio. Nothing changed. As long as you see 400+MB memory you have unlocked 576MB.
By the way radio update is not enough normally. Radio update + proper rom is needed for 576MB. As far as I know, US roms and custom roms with some us rom files enable 576MB ram with any 50 series radio.

LDB32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStone1337 View Post
Try copying the media folder to the root of your SD card from this file: http://gamesquare.co.uk/media.zip (copy and paste the url into your browser)
worked great thanks for your work.

reocej
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Does this new build already include root access or need we add patched rootfs file? Much thanks darkstone!

stealthdragonb
Old
Thanks Meter 11
What have people noticed with the latest zimage file made on the 25th? anyone notice any speed improvements or battery improvements?

aussiebum
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdragonb View Post
What have people noticed with the latest zimage file made on the 25th? anyone notice any speed improvements or battery improvements?
can't tell any difference to be honest vs the 23rd zimage... this is on dan's vanilla froyo 1.0 build running on miri 17.6 and 2.09 radio. supposed to have better battery life though, but can't tell atm.

Have had the dreaded screen-not-wake-when-press-button exactly once but that's it.
------------------------------------------------
Nexus 10 -> Sabermod + KTManta kernel

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -> Stock MJ7 rooted

Samsung Galaxy NOTE II -> wanam lite stock something + devil kernel 4.3

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 - Overcome 4 @ 1.2ghz

HTC HD2 -> pdaimatejam WP7.5 Mango rom v7.8

nzxtneo
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by A11-STAR View Post
You're making us pick between mother and father!
That's really funny!

psykick5
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Just downloaded the new Darkstone Froyo build... OH MY FREAKIN GOD. BUTTER SMOOTH MAN!!!

Everything works fine, except the usual stuff.

Thanks, devs. Amazing work.

icemanscion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Few newb questions if i get warned im sorry.

Ok had a few newb questions i couldn't really find after /search.

1) Congrats to devs on this you guys are damn genius's keep up the good work and once i get some money ill definitely donate.

2) Once the android build has been ported so that everything works would one need to switch there t-mobile (im tmobile usa customer) internet package to android package? I ask this in regards to the app downloading.

3) When android is working completely on the HD2 do you guys think that HTC may fold in and just release hd2's with android or a patch / fix to allow installation of android through them? I ask the prior question because I feel that it would be a sort of blow to HTC to show them that the mobile phone community will overcome w/e obstacles thrown @ us if a great piece of hardware has an unwanted (by most) piece of software.

once again mods please forgive me if these questions were answered but i didnt even find them asked anywhere. thanks dev's like I said once i get some money ill send a round of beer on me.

DarkStone1337
Old
Thanks Meter 2187
Ok folks, check out http://gamesquare.co.uk/froyo.html for information about the build!

I've had good reports from beta testers about the fluidity and speed of the build

(thanks to dan1j3l for allowing me to use his rootfs!)

Tags
android, connection, development, hd2, hd2 android, htc android, kernel, linux, ubuntu