Replacement backplates?

Search This thread

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
Anyone found any replacement backplates for the Galaxy S yet?

Looking for one that isn't coated in Teflon like the stock backplate. Don't really want to put it in a silicon case, I would rather cover it in skateboard grip tape, I hate silicon cases that much.

Thanks in advance.

larryccf

Nov 23, 2009
check ebay for the zenus cases

just type in "zenus cases" to pull them up -for some reason using "samsung galaxy" doesnt

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
Cheers mate, looking for a direct replacement of the battery cover/backplate, but glad to know the Zenus cases are on eBay.

larryccf

Nov 23, 2009
sorry - brain hiccup - thought i'd posted that in another thread

getting old ain't for pansies

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
Yeah I want one that isn't quite so slippy in your hand, ordered a Zenus case, but there will be times when I want to use it out of that, and at the moment it's really easy to drop.

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
Brando often sells replacement housings, I'm sure it won't be long till they do the same for the sgs.

link

furstrated

May 31, 2010
hmm a replacement backplate would be nice
im thinking in the line of higher capacity battery with slighly thicker backplate to accomodate the thicker battery and get rid of the bump on the bottom part at the back
a thicker backplate will also recess the camera lens protecting it from scratches
i also find that the very thin profile of the galaxy s makes it difficult to hold sometimes. a thicker backplate will also make it easier to handle

if only

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
Yeah it's cool how many cases you can already get for the latest iphone while for the SGS there still isn't a single decent case available in the US or Europe :rolleyes: The Korean stuff that's a ***** to order and takes 2 weeks to get anywhere doesn't count.

I don't like Apple but sometimes they seem to be the only ones that just get really simple **** like 'hey maybe they want a case for that $600 smartphone so let's make some!' Or 'OK, we just designed our best phone ever, let's spend an extra dollar and not put a flimsy piece of plastic on the back.'

It's just so simple. :(

i1fang

Oct 9, 2007
hmm a replacement backplate would be nice
im thinking in the line of higher capacity battery with slighly thicker backplate to accomodate the thicker battery and get rid of the bump on the bottom part at the back
a thicker backplate will also recess the camera lens protecting it from scratches
i also find that the very thin profile of the galaxy s makes it difficult to hold sometimes. a thicker backplate will also make it easier to handle

if only

second that!
3000mAh with a 3mm+ cover will be perfect!

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
This could be a money spinner for Samsung .You want a white SGS, just buy a white back cover.Or you want a grippier phone, buy a rubberised cover.
Would be kinda cool to be able to change the look/feel without having to resort to silicon covers.

thE_29

Jul 12, 2010
But its not the original one, because there is a round circle which has not the same height like the cover (same position where the google logo is, you see it in the first ~10secs).

Samsung offered alternative cases: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...l&subsubtype=cases-holsters&tab=accCompatible
But now, the cases just fit for "captivate" only. Dont find any cases for the standard galaxy anymore :(

I want a case which give more holdness... But i dont want a cover, because i like the thinness atm ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did somebody buy battery covers for i9000 on ebay? If yes and you like it pleae give me link) Thanks
    http://mobile.ebay.co.uk/Member/D/ViewItem.aspx?aid=130531515729&emvAD=320x452&emvcc=0
    Just got backplates from james_irenequ and here is some photos and impressions.

1. Packed with care ;)

2. So, here they are :)

3. Let's compare with a stock cover. Soft touch beats it!

4. Holes for buttons, camera, etc just as stock cover

5. Good built quality. There is no any issues at first sight.

6. Fits great ;)

7. Now, let's make some kind of handmade ;)
    We need something like ... vinyl decals! Yeah!
    And it seems to be exactly what we needed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190380482027

8. Profit! :)

So, we have a fine built cover with soft touch surface, good for modding and great price. Recommended!

thanks mate!
    this one is glossy I see. Have anyone spotted matt or rubberish backplate in different color? :rolleyes:

Received one of the matt finish one from the ebay link above in black. Very nice quality, thinner and more evenly painted than the UK ones. Proper 'grippy' rubber finish.

p1020225fb.jpg

p1020226u.jpg

p1020227u.jpg
    The official white backplate Galaxy S's are exclusive to Carphone Warehouse (It clearly states next to it if you go instore and look at the white one). Only way of getting one as far as I'm aware would be to try your luck and see if they have one laying about off a broken phone or something and even then, getting them to give you it is another story. Its part of the phone as someone said before, not an accessory, that's the only way you get one from the looks of it :(
    Hey folks, I bought a couple of plates off eBay and I just thought I'd post a couple pictures for those who are considering it.

These plates cost about 4-5 USD each. They fit pretty well, but not as perfectly as the original SGS backplate. For a couple of bucks each, these were good purchases since no tears will be shed if these backplates end up breaking or getting scratched :p

Here's matte silver:

And glossy white:

If you're looking for plates like these, just look around on eBay with the search term "i9000 battery cover".

I also got two from ebay which doesn't fit perfectly.
    But a little trick made them working fine for me.
    Just use a little scotch tape at the sides fixed the fitting problem ;)

scaled.php