Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][Froyo][root] Move2SD Enabler - ex SetInstallLocation

OP JD82

8th July 2010, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59

154 posts
More
Unlock "Move to SD" for ALL apps and set the default install location so that ALL apps (including those not yet support it and those already installed) install automatically/can be moved to your location choice.

Requirements:
  • root
  • froyo
  • USB debugging (Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Developement -> Check USB debugging. Thx pexon).
  • Fat32 partition with free space on the SD

The changelog can be found within the application.

Applications That Should NOT Install on External Storage

When the user enables USB mass storage to share files with their computer (or otherwise unmounts or removes the external storage), any application installed on the external storage and currently running is killed. The system effectively becomes unaware of the application until mass storage is disabled and the external storage is remounted on the device. Besides killing the application and making it unavailable to the user, this can break some types of applications in a more serious way. In order for your application to consistently behave as expected, you should not allow your application to be installed on the external storage if it uses any of the following features, due to the cited consequences when the external storage is unmounted:
  • Services
    Your running Service will be killed and will not be restarted when external storage is remounted. You can, however, register for the ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE broadcast Intent, which will notify your application when applications installed on external storage have become available to the system again. At which time, you can restart your Service.
  • Alarm Services
    Your alarms registered with AlarmManager will be cancelled. You must manually re-register any alarms when external storage is remounted.
  • Input Method Engines
    Your IME will be replaced by the default IME. When external storage is remounted, the user can open system settings to enable your IME again.
  • Live Wallpapers
    Your running Live Wallpaper will be replaced by the default Live Wallpaper. When external storage is remounted, the user can select your Live Wallpaper again.
  • Live Folders
    Your Live Folder will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, the user can add your Live Folder to the home screen again.
  • App Widgets
  • Your App Widget will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, your App Widget will not be available for the user to select until the system resets the home application (usually not until a system reboot).
  • Account Managers
    Your accounts created with AccountManager will disappear until external storage is remounted.
  • Sync Adapters
    Your AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter and all its sync functionality will not work until external storage is remounted.
  • Device Administrators
    Your DeviceAdminReceiver and all its admin capabilities will be disabled, which can have unforeseeable consequences for the device functionality, which may persist after external storage is remounted.
  • Broadcast Receivers listening for "boot completed"
    The system delivers the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast before the external storage is mounted to the device. If your application is installed on the external storage, it can never receive this broadcast.
If your application uses any of the features listed above, you should not move your application to external storage.

If you want to translate the application in your language click here: http://mygengo.com/string/p/setinsta...n-1/dashboard/
Last edited by JD82; 23rd January 2011 at 02:48 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2010, 02:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 177

828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Simply...great
8th July 2010, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

141 posts
More
Unfortunately, it won't run on my desire in DJ DROID, I installed apps to internal memory, so when I run it just stays black.
8th July 2010, 02:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

154 posts
More
Could you get me the logcat?
8th July 2010, 02:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag London

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD82

Could you get me the logcat?

Once I'm back home, i'll try and get it.
8th July 2010, 04:03 PM   |  #6  
Flag Israel
Thanks Meter: 39

259 posts
More
Same issue here, App is always black. How do i get you the logcat?
8th July 2010, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag London

141 posts
More
I just ran a terminal and made sure I had premissions and ran the following command.

logcat > logfile.txt

@JD82 Do you need the whole file?
8th July 2010, 04:12 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

154 posts
More
Or you can try this application: http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/org.jtb.alogcat/
8th July 2010, 05:54 PM   |  #9  
Flag Porto Alegre - RS
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Awesome man.

Thanks.
8th July 2010, 07:04 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsq

@JD82 Do you need the whole file?

no, only the last rows, those regarding my application .
Last edited by JD82; 8th July 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2sd, app2sd, move2sd, root, setinstalllocation
Previous Thread Next Thread