Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 52,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Paperless List (UK Market only)

Tip us?

footboydog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [APP] Paperless List (UK Market only)

Last Friday I uploaded my Android app Paperless List to the Market (UK only). It's a shopping list application driven by the Tesco API . It has the usual scan barcode and search functions but with some unique features:

-Horizontal swipe gestures (only on Android 1.6 or above) or context menu to cross off items
-Manually add items
-Total price of list visible at all times
-Using chrome to phone on the Tesco.com website, products and searches can be sent straight to the phone from a PC. This works on Froyo (Android 2.2) only and requires a sign in to the Tesco.com site on the PC. More on that here: http://ubikapps.net/?p=618
-Froyo (Android 2.2) apps to SD compatible
-Action bar and dashboard design patterns utilised for quick access to main functions

Despite using the latest Android features the app runs only requires version 1.5 (cupcake) or above. I know I am not the first with a Tesco app on Android but I started development on mine before the others appeared.

Scan the QR code on your Android phone to find it in the market or just search for "Paperless list":

I hope you like it. More info available on my blog: http://ubikapps.net/?page_id=612
Black HTC Dream with standard Donut (rooted).
Motorola Xoom 32Gb Wi-fi (UK) with US stock
Nexus 4 16gb stock
Nexus 7 16Gb stock
For the latest on my Google Reader Widget, SMS Bot Widget and Paperless List app (UK only): ubikapps.net

bewA
Old
Thanks Meter 7
omg! this looks awesome!
I'll let know how I get on
Sony Xperia Z1
HP Chromebook 11

bewA
Old
Thanks Meter 7
don't think this is your problem (can't see how it is tbh) but the C2MD thing doesnt work.

I just get

Error sending to phone: ERROR (Unable to send link)

I have checked to make sure i'm on the latest version on my N1 and Chrome and the phone is registered and i've signed in and out on the chrome side of things!

Anyone else come across this
Sony Xperia Z1
HP Chromebook 11

footboydog
Old
(Last edited by footboydog; 9th July 2010 at 01:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewA View Post
don't think this is your problem (can't see how it is tbh) but the C2MD thing doesnt work.

I just get

Error sending to phone: ERROR (Unable to send link)

I have checked to make sure i'm on the latest version on my N1 and Chrome and the phone is registered and i've signed in and out on the chrome side of things!

Anyone else come across this
Hi bewA, thanks for trying out my app. I just tried it and its working on mine (with Chrome to phone plugin V0.3). Chrome to phone goes a bit weird sometimes if you install a new version. Try restarting Chrome and trying again. Oh and BTW for the first time you do it and have to sign in, it won't actually send the link to the phone. You have to send it a 2nd time (after signing in).
Nexus 4 16gb stock
Nexus 7 16Gb stock
For the latest on my Google Reader Widget, SMS Bot Widget and Paperless List app (UK only): ubikapps.net

bewA
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Ill give it a slap
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Sony Xperia Z1
HP Chromebook 11

jusumgeezer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hey,
This APP is amazing for someone like me who constantly forgets to buy stuff, my wife has to write me lists which I usually lose or leave at home, Now she can send stuff from home straight to my phone, which I always have on me.
(That could be a major selling point BTW, you leave work, switch on your phone & get a list of shopping.)

Keep up the great work, it's nice to finally start getting useful apps for a change instead of another stupid Fart app.

copex
Old
Thanks Meter 13
just put it on the wifes phone, it didt find tescos own brand of dog food :) but every thing else worked.

3Shirts
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Cool, gonna try this out
Get 2GB Free online storage at DropBox and help me get a little extra too. Thanks.

footboydog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by copex View Post
just put it on the wifes phone, it didt find tescos own brand of dog food :) but every thing else worked.
Currently it only displays the first 20 search results (for speed). If you search for "dog food" then there are probably more than 20 results. In a future release I will change this so that you can click on a "More" button to get the next 20.

You can always scan the barcode of the product if you have it handy!
Nexus 4 16gb stock
Nexus 7 16Gb stock

oluwaponmile
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Is this available for windows mobile users?