Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flashing the latest recovery

OP heavensblade23

9th July 2010, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

268 posts
More
Is there some way to manually, permanently, flash new versions of Clockwork Recovery as they're released? Does flashing a new custom recovery actually require the unrevoked tool if I've already flashed an older version, or can I download it somewhere and just update from zip?
9th July 2010, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 57

255 posts
the only way to reflash recovery as of now is with the unrevoked tool. the newest recovery seemed to be needed for the new CM6 test to flash. could have been operator error as i was intoxicated at the time. i had a rant about flashing the new recovery in irc last night about it.
10th July 2010, 01:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 32

217 posts
More
I dunno, I got the latest recovery through rom manager, it installed and the version number in recovery reflects the update
10th July 2010, 02:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

223 posts
If you use rom manager to flash it won't stick. Pull your battery and reboot into recovery. Vol down + power and select recovery. That will display your flashed version.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
10th July 2010, 03:17 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 32

217 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMK83

If you use rom manager to flash it won't stick. Pull your battery and reboot into recovery. Vol down + power and select recovery. That will display your flashed version.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

It's displaying 2.0.2.1

EDIT: You could also do "adb reboot recovery", for those of us who aren't really fans of doing battery pulls. I feel like every time I take that cover off, I'm weakening the plastic and one day I'll have to duct tape the damn thing together
Last edited by BossMafia2; 10th July 2010 at 03:50 PM.
10th July 2010, 06:10 PM   |  #6  
Flag Iowa City

151 posts
More
No GMK is right, flashing from ROM manager isn't permanent (i.e., its not actually on the recovery partition)
Notice when you enter the recovery, it looks like its flashing something...
I verified this when I installed CM6 nightly. I had the 2.0.2.1 'flashed', but after I updated to CM6 it was suddenly back to 2.0.1.0
11th July 2010, 03:43 AM   |  #7  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 26

261 posts
More
Does anybody have that latest recovery image available for me to download? I wanna try something....
11th July 2010, 05:23 AM   |  #8  
Flag Holland
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
More
Unrevoked just tweeted this:

To hold you over, we just shipped a small update for 2 that allows you to choose a recovery.img to flash: http://unrevoked.com/recovery
11th July 2010, 05:38 AM   |  #9  

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refot_Sirk

To hold you over, we just shipped a small update for 2 that allows you to choose a recovery.img to flash: http://unrevoked.com/recovery

Just updated 2 incredibles, thx
11th July 2010, 05:39 AM   |  #10  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 4

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refot_Sirk

Just seen that, update does allow you to choose a recovery and also updates to ClockworkMod 2.0.2.1 automatically.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread