Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Discussion of Cyanogenmod Nightlies for Hero CDMA

Tip us?

jakejm79
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotvonline View Post
I checked a number of sites talking about MMS for CDMA on ALLTEL and from what I gather there needs to be a port, not sure if it is just port or mmsport but I have tried to edit using Root Editor or Astro but can't seem to edit the apns-conf.xml file.

Could you make another Alltel MMS Fix.zip file with this line for CDMA??

Not sure if it is the right one but here it is...Remove the spaces in the h t t p (can't post links like this below I guess, not approved yet)

<apn carrier="CDMA" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="8080" mmsc="h t t p://mms.alltel.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />

Sorry should have added the original post was from jakejm79
Give that a try, I did read about the port, but it said it might be 80 or 8080 depending on location, anyway here it is with the line above inserted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alltel MMS Fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (22.5 KB, 771 views)

jakejm79
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimpaler747 View Post
Try this to get mms working (this is not carrier specific). Type these into a windows command prompt with USB debugging on and USB storage off

adb remount
adb shell
cd data/data/com.*.*.telephony/databases
rm telephony.db
rm mmssms.db
exit
adb reboot
The zip file I created already deletes the telephony.db. I believe the mmssms.db store the info for your texts and MMSes so deleting that deletes all your saved messages plus I dont think it helps in this situation since the problem isnt with that file.

CrashV2010
Old
(Last edited by CrashV2010; 2nd September 2010 at 03:28 AM.) Reason: Repeating !!!!!!!!!
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Never mind !!!!!

Hero still rules !!!!!!

CrashV2010
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotvonline View Post
I will give it a shot on my work PC, can't get my adb to work at home...bad day all around.

Thanks again.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7922003

try just flashing this

restockton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
"Delete battcfg file and immediately unplug phone or delete cfg file in recovery"

Ok, i've done some searching and I have been unable to find refrence to the battcfg file. Only thing I can find is refrence to Collin Battery tweak. Where is this file and what does it do?

Thanks!

oohoy
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashV2010 View Post

mms seems sent. however, other party never gets the mms

so its working half way through ? lol

extermicide
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejm79 View Post
Give that a try, I did read about the port, but it said it might be 80 or 8080 depending on location, anyway here it is with the line above inserted.

JAKE!!! That Alltel_MMS_Fix.zip file fixed it for me! Thank-you so much!

Running:

Cyanogenmod 09022010 Nightly
Decad3nce #9 -Uncapped
Alltel_MMS_Fix.zip

Everything Working!

----

Only thing I cant do is if i dial *228 to update my roaming towers, a alltel-syncing screen comes up, and while its up, i cant get to my dial-pad to type in the #'s i need to that are prompted to navigate the system.

Tried loading up another dialer, but it wont recognize the keypresses while the first one is up --- just cant get to it.

halfevildruid
Old
(Last edited by halfevildruid; 2nd September 2010 at 06:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by extermicide View Post
JAKE!!! That Alltel_MMS_Fix.zip file fixed it for me! Thank-you so much!

Running:

Cyanogenmod 09022010 Nightly
Decad3nce #9 -Uncapped
Alltel_MMS_Fix.zip

Everything Working!

----

Only thing I cant do is if i dial *228 to update my roaming towers, a alltel-syncing screen comes up, and while its up, i cant get to my dial-pad to type in the #'s i need to that are prompted to navigate the system.

Tried loading up another dialer, but it wont recognize the keypresses while the first one is up --- just cant get to it.
can you confirm this received by the recipient? we have been working on this for awhile with certain builds and have not yet gotten a received message

i looked at the alltelfixmms.zip and there is nothing there we have not tried manually over and over but still no mms delivery even tho it says sent... is there something in the newest nightly's over the last week or so that has changed from previous builds related to this?

halfevildruid
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
this is the proper alltel stock mms apns-conf

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <apns count="3">
<apn name="CDMA" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="0" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="" type="*" />
<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="1" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="mms.alltel.com" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.alltel.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />
<apn name="Android" numeric="310995" mcc="310" mnc="995" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="null" />
</apns>

raz699
Old
Thanks Meter 3
9/2 camera gallery lock up again

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
Hi, my name is raz and I'm a flashaholic.